Summer camp provides kids with lasting memories, adventures in the great outdoors, and the hard-earned ability to take instruction from an adult wearing shorts. Redefine authority with this Groupon.
Choose from Five Options
- $37.50 for Flinging Newtons camp for students entering grades 5–12 on June 16–19 ($75 value)
- $30 for Science Trek camp for students entering grades 2–5 on June 23–26 ($60 value)
- $37.50 for Mad Scientist camp for students entering grades 6–12 on June 23–26 ($75 value)
- $30 for Let's Build camp for students entering grades 4–9 on July 14–17 ($60 value)
- $30 for Wild Ecosystems camp for students entering grades 2–6 on July 28–31 ($60 value)
During [camps], environmental education specialists teach kids about physics, astronomy, biology, engineering, and native flora and fauna. Camps take place on a 62-acre campus with farmland, nature trails, wetlands, prairies, and gardens for students to explore.
West Michigan Academy of Environmental Science
West Michigan Academy of Environmental Science promotes creativity, responsibility, and academic achievement through the comprehensive study of science. Lessons are tailored for students in preschool through 12th grade, grounded in the hard sciences, and supported by a hands-on learning environment. The 62-acre campus maintains farmland, nature trails, wetlands, and forests as outdoor classrooms where students can explore during weekly environmental-science labs. Differentiated instruction allows students to grow in a diverse setting; one lesson asks that they build arbors from spare branches, and the next dictates that they write reports on handmade paper from the previous week's lab. All the while, the school's character-education programs build self-awareness and self-esteem. In addition to regular lessons, the academy offers science fairs to showcase kids' skills and summer camps to keep the fires of learning ablaze—like the traditional end-of-year burning of the times-table tests—in the off season.