Choose Between Two Options
- $37 for a blown-glass ornament class for one ($70 value)
- $74 for a blown-glass ornament class for two ($140 value)
During each four-hour session, after learning the process of blowing glass ornaments, they choose their preferred color of molten glass and load it into the blowpipe, shaping it into a seasonal decoration to take home or share with others. Participants should wear cotton clothing and closed-toed shoes and should arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of class. Ornaments will be available for pickup at a later date, as they must cool in the kiln; items can be shipped for an additional $6.
Available Scheduled Classes:
- Saturday, November 22 at 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 3 at 5 p.m.
- Saturday, December 13 at 12 p.m
- Wednesday, December 17 at 5 p.m.
- Friday, January 9 at 5 p.m.
- Saturday, January 10 at 12 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 21 at 5 p.m.
More dates will be scheduled through March and April.
West Michigan Glass Art Center
At West Michigan Glass Art Center, a non-profit art center in downtown Kalamazoo, students learn to create beads, stained glass, and ornamental baubles flecked with kaleidoscopic colors. Seasoned instructors lead demonstrations and work with students one-on-one, guiding them through techniques such as flameworking, glassblowing, and glass fusing.