Though the Scottish shepherds who invented golf liked it for its challenges, Scottish sheep liked it because it gave them ample time to nap in shepherds’ pickup trucks. Find your own reason to enjoy golf with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $47 for an 18-hole golf outing for two (up to a $97.38 total value)
- $78 for an 18-hole golf outing for four (up to a $194.76 total value) <p>
Each outing includes the following for each player:
- 18-hole round of golf with cart (up to a $35 value)
- One small bucket of range balls (a $5 value)
- One small sleeve of balls (a $5.44 value)
- One draft beer (a $3.25 value)<p>
Though this merchant sometimes offers a discounted price online, this Groupon is still the best deal available.
Rates fluctuate throughout the day and week.<p>
Western Skies Golf Club
Challenging course play tucked in the shadows of the Superstition Mountains characterizes Western Skies Golf Club, earning it the yearly honor of hosting the Gilbert City Championship. Players shepherd their golf balls over the 6,744-yard layout aboard carts equipped with GPS systems, which help them determine exact distances to the greens or how far the flagsticks can be thrown like javelins. Water enters play on five holes, including the 18th, where players must hit over a lake off the tee and avoid a second lake to the right of the green on their approach shot.
A lighted practice facility lets golfers pummel Pinnacle range balls into the night sky at the driving range or shore up short-game finesse at the putting and chipping greens. After a round, practice session, or bout of putter swordplay, players can visit the bar and grill to restore calories lost on the fairways and bunkers while watching 12 HD televisions.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par 72 course
- Total length of 6,744 yards from the back tees
- Course rating of 70.3 from the back tees
- Course slope of 125 from the back tees
- Three sets of tees per hole
“great buy. good food. waiting for another groupon at western skies.”
“Good course in great shape.”
“The course was in great shape and the staff in the proshop and mulligans was great.”