Whale watching cruise takes passengers out to view and listen to the magnificent humpback and orca whales
Groupon Customer Reviews
About This Deal
- What’s included:
- Three-hour narrated whale watching cruise
- Round-trip 30-minute transportation from downtown Juneau cruise ship dock to Auke Bay
- Navigation around pods of migrating humpback and orca
- Chance to listen to the whales with the use of a hydrophone
- Additional views of bald eagles, puffin, surf scoters, seagulls, blue heron, sea lions, seals, lighthouses, and more
- Available daily departure times: 9:30 a.m., 1 p.m., and 4:30 p.m.
- Departure location: 3701 Amalga St, Juneau, AK 99801
About Whale Watch Alaska
Humpback and orca whales are two of the most magnificent creatures on the planet. With Whale Watch Alaska's three-hour tours, passengers go out to sea for the unique experience of getting close to these natural giants. Starting off in downtown Juneau outside the Mt. Robert’s Tram, tour operators transport the guests to Auke Bay where they disembark for the scenic wildlife cruise. Once their USCG certified captain and naturalist locate pods of the whales, they carefully navigate around them and dip their hydrophone into the water to get a chance to listen in on what the whales are saying and singing. During the cruise - bald eagles, sea lions, and seals are among the many creatures that may also make an appearance as well. For nature lovers visiting Alaska, the landscapes and wildlife that this tour cruises past are sure to keep the eyes in attention.