- Bike or boat rentals
- Experience land and sea in a new way
- Good at five locations
All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Once the sunny season arrives, people everywhere saw cars in half or affix an extra warm-weather wheel to the family unicycle. Quench summertime scenery-observing thirst in a much more convenient manner with today's Groupon: for $15, you get $34 toward a boat, kayak, canoe, bike, or surrey rental at Wheel Fun Rentals. Customers can combine up to two Groupons per visit and can buy up to three.
The following rentals are available at each location:
- Lake Calhoun: Water equipment, two-wheeled bikes
- Minnehaha Falls: Bikes
- Lake Nokomis: Bikes, canoes
- Canal Park in Duluth: Bikes
- Lake Harriet: Water equipment
At Wheel Fun Rentals, visitors can traverse surrounding areas in fun paddle- and pedal-propelled vessels while soaking in oft-overlooked scenery, which would not be possible while being buckled to a car seat or an ACME rocket. Established in 1999, Wheel Fun Rentals has since provided locals and tourists with an engaging way to sightsee while promoting a healthy lifestyle. With their $34 credit, customers are able to rent a wide range of vehicles for two hours, including a paddleboat, surrey, canoe, or double kayak. Because rental fees apply toward the entire land or sea vessel and are not per person, Groupon holders can grab some friends and rent three single kayaks for one hour, or four single bikes for one hour.
Relaxing aquatic trips provide a soothing escape from tumbleweed- and stone-golem-infested terrain, while bicycles offer the speed and mobility to outrun territorial squirrels protecting their stashes of Honus Wagner baseball cards. Additionally, bike helmets, paddles, and life jackets are all included, ensuring a safe and well-prepared trip, unlike Magellan’s ill-fated Indonesian trip to find cell-phone reception.
Wheel Fun gets a great mention in Time Out Chicago for fun stuff to do in the Twin Cities:
- If boating is more your style, scoop up a kayak, canoe or paddleboat from Wheel Fun Rentals and view the changing leaves from the water. – Molly Each, Time Out Chicago
Check out the fun one family had renting a kayak from Wheel Fun:
- We had rented our kayaks at Wheel Fun Rentals on the north end of Lake Calhoun. The shop also rents canoes and pedal boats, but we opted for tandem kayaks…The Minneapolis lakes are far from wilderness, but from the seats of our kayaks, we saw a tranquil side to the bustling scene I hadn't experienced before. While inline skaters whizzed past along the path on shore, we spotted a small heron wading at the water's edge. – Maja Beckstrom, Pioneer Press
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 15, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 3 per person. Limit 2 per visit. Limit 1 per piece of rental equipment. Valid only at listed locations. Not valid with other offers. No cash back. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Wheel Fun Rentals
In 1987, Brian McInerny was careening around Italy in a four-wheel, multipassenger Surrey cycle. An avid cyclist, he fell in love with this quirky contraption that he'd never seen in the United States and he immediately sought out the manufacturer and purchased a crate of them. Wheel Fun Rentals traces its origin to this very moment, as Brian changed his surrey-distribution company into a rental and tour company that spans the nation. In spite of a general suspicion of unicycles and their ulterior motives, the company's corporate philosophy espouses "Supporting active healthy lifestyles for our customers and maintaining a healthy environment for all." Wheel Fun's fleet of rentals now includes bicycles, multipassenger Surreys, scooters, surfboards, and paddle-based watercraft. They also promote green communities by offering free rentals to Big Brothers Big Sisters.