- $22 for a scavenger hunt adventure with Where You Want to Be Tours (a $60 value)
- Where You Want to Be Tours features a variety of custom adventures designed to show off the beauty of San Diego to locals and tourists
- In teams of six to seven people, explore the city’s hidden gems on a scavenger hunt adventure, with prizes awarded to the winning team
- Traverse San Diego’s downtown, discovering its secret spots and special access areas
- In the two-hour and 45-minute tour, scavengers will walk 1.5−2 miles, and discover just of few of the city’s rooftop lounges, hotels, and scenic spots
- Hunts are offered most Saturdays between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m., in downtown or Old Town
Six Yelpers give Where You Want to Be Tours an average of five stars. > * This really is an amazing experience!!! I got to see and learn so many new things about this great city that I live in and love! – Iaha I. > * The tour guides are really wonderful…little locally owned business by husband/wife, Marc and Darlynne. – Jessica Y.
Where You Want to Be Tours
Launched as a walking-tour company in 2003, Where You Want to Be Tours features a variety of custom adventures designed to show off the beauty of San Diego to locals and tourists. Most adventures last more than two hours, so tourists have plenty of time to stop and sightsee at spots such as Balboa Park and the shores of La Jolla. Today, the company has formed a set of all new clues and hidden gems and has also expanded its offerings with bike tours of locations such as Pacific Beach and Mission Bay and scavenger hunt adventures, which present a hands-on approach to urban exploration, turning tour routes into racecourses and throwing in physical challenges, including Frisbee-throwing contests.