With its soft sands, beer-friendly summertime vibe, and casual learning curve, beach volleyball is far more fun than its gym class variant, which is still used to punish children for growing. Enjoy the game as it was meant to be played with today’s Groupon to White Sands Beach Facility. Choose between the following two options:
- For $12, you get a pass good for five 30-minute drop-in games of six-on-six beach volleyball plus five bottles of water (a $30 value).
- For $375, you get a nine-week league for two-on-two or four-on-four team volleyball (a $750 value).
Weekly drop-in games are held:
- Sunday from 5:30 p.m. to 6 p.m., 6 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., and 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Monday from 9:30 p.m. to 10 p.m., 10 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., and 10:30 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Tuesday from 5:30 p.m. to 6 p.m., 6 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., and 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Team league play is held on the following days:
- Sunday from 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. for coed two-on-two
- Monday from 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. for coed four-on-four
- Tuesday from 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. for coed four-on-four
With four sand-blanketed courts, White Sands is the largest indoor beach volleyball center on the West Coast, and a worthy arena for perfecting dastardly digs and sinister spikes. The six-on-six drop-in games allow individual net-minders to show up and compete against a random and new cast of characters each week, much like a soap-opera paternity plotline. Set, serve, and block your way through furious 30-minute sessions, then rehydrate afterward with one of five complimentary bottles of water—or grab them all at the same time and douse your victorious teammates to determine which ones are secretly witches.
True devotees of the game, however, will feel more at home on one of the league teams, which allow for more involved group offensive and defensive configurations, such as the court strong side and the overly emotional spiker. League teams also enjoy a reserved VIP tent and table, a bottomless beverage bucket and snack-food platter, a White Sands T-shirt, and matching wrist-welts for all players.
Fox 12 News, Portland Monthly magazine, and the Oregonian have featured White Sands Beach Facility: > * Opened in October, White Sands indoor sand volleyball courts offer a taste of the beach, sans frostbite. Owner Brian Chapman trucked in loads of pillow-soft sand from Florence for the facility’s four courts. – Brian Barker, Portland Monthly > * The business is barely noticeable from the outside, save for a small sign on Northeast 25th Avenue, but it didn’t take volleyball players from across the Pacific Northwest long to discover what Chapman said is the largest heated, indoor volleyball court on the West Coast. – Eric Apalategui, Oregonian
1600 NE 25th Ave.
Hillsboro, Oregon 97124Get Directions