Kids love to have fun in the summer, whether shooting water balloons at friends or sitting inside and thinking about Halloween. Make the most of summer with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
- $299 for one week of full-day kids' wilderness skills summer camp for one, held Tuesday–Thursday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (a $600 value)
- $299 for two weeks of half-day kids' wilderness skills summer camp for one, held Tuesday–Thursday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. (a $600 value)
- $395 for two weeks of full-day kids' wilderness skills summer camp for one, held Tuesday–Thursday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (a $795 value)
Choose from the following sessions:
- July 30–August 1, with Family Day on Saturday, August 3
- August 6–8 and/or August 13–15, with Family Day on Saturday, August 17
- August 20–22 and/or August 27–29, with Family Day on Saturday, August 31
During camps, participants ages 10–17 learn outdoor skills such as how to identify plants, make stone tools, build a primitive shelter, create a friction fire, and collect and purify water. Two-week sessions include more in-depth training such as animal tracking and advanced fire techniques.
Ancient skills. Wild adventures. Deep connection. These three phrases describe WilderSkills's mission, but the center's hands-on programs for children put the words into action. Summer camps take youngsters away from screens and into the three-dimensional reality of the meadows and redwood groves of Savannah-Chanelle Vineyard, where instructors teach survival skills such as how to build a fire, how to construct a shelter, and how to distinguish ordinary animal tracks from celebrity animal autographs. Outdoor academics bring the natural experience to classroom learning by providing after-school sessions and lectures that take an interactive approach to science and ecology.