Without boats, humans would have to explore bodies of water on Big Wheels, which are designed to stay afloat if you pedal them fast enough. Opt out of pedaling in favor of paddling with today’s Groupon to The Wilderness Way, in Crawfordville. Choose from the following three options, all of which include kayak rental:
- For $32, you get a full-day trip (a $65 value), which journeys out of town via van in search of exciting new waterways and includes a riverside picnic.
- For $26, you get a half-day trip (a $52 value), including a riverside picnic.
- For $20, you get a kayak mini-trip (a $42 value). This beginner-friendly excursion is ideal for private groups and includes a snack.
The Wilderness Way pairs paddlers of every age, experience level, and size with kayaking adventures on the unspoiled rivers of the Big Bend. The seaworthy guides have eyes for natural beauty and brains jammed with interesting ecological and historical facts. Depending on the day and the type of tour, they'll lead sunscreened kayakers down a variety of rivers, just like mama ducks leading a pack of decoys home. Along with the scenery and peeks at wildlife, mini-trip paddlesporters enjoy a snack, and half-day and full-day trippers can enhance their riverine adventures with a tasty picnic lunch on the shore. Guests are outfitted with a high-tech floater and transportation to and from the river. The watery wizards of The Wilderness Way advise wearing wetable (or defiantly water-resistant) clothes and bringing your own ship anchor.
- Guided by the fab husband and wife team of Rick Zelznak and Georgia Ackerman of the Wilderness Way, we paddled surrounded by gorgeous cypress trees. This river trip was abundant with wildlife. – Susan Friedman, Florida Travel + Life
- Kayaking on rivers such as the Wacissa offers a unique way to discover and experience Florida’s interior wetlands. – Jason Callaghan, GAFF magazine
3152 Shadeville Rd.
Crawfordville, Florida 32327Get Directions