Before golf, grassy pastures were the exclusive territory of roaming sheep, herds of cattle, and children without parents. Play through with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
- $30 for an 18-hole round of golf with cart rental for one (up to a $79 value)
- $56 for an 18-hole round of golf with cart rental for two (up to a $158 value)
- $100 for an 18-hole round of golf with cart rental for four (up to a $316 value)
Wildhorse Golf Club
Like the Vegas Strip 10 miles down the road, Wildhorse Golf Club arose from a stretch of desert wasteland, and along the way, developed a vibrant and extravagant history. The 18-hole course opened for play in 1959 before original developer Hank Greenspun sold the property—then called Paradise Valley—to famed aviator and uncanny Leonardo Dicaprio impersonator Howard Hughes 9 years later, forever steeping the turf in the sprinklers of stardom. The course would undergo numerous name changes over the years, and even hosted the PGA’s Sierra Invitational in the ‘70s, until finally settling down as Wildhorse Golf Club in 1994.
Today, the course is home to lush fairways that appear as oases to the surrounding desert sand, punctuated by eight glimmering water hazards. The ninth hole presents a prime example of the course’s delicate balancing act, luring golfers along a fairway that narrows into an isthmus just ahead of the green, bookended by two large lakes. The ninth and the fourth hole occupy spots on the Las Vegas Review-Journal’s Fantasy 18, composed of the best 18 holes in the Las Vegas area that aren’t slots.
In October of 2011, Wildhorse was also designated an Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary, a distinction earned for environmental excellence and a commitment to conservation of natural resources.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par 70 course
- Total length of 6,525 yards from the back tees
- Course rating of 71.4 from the back tees
- Course slope of 136 from the back tees
- Four sets of tees per hole