Zoo houses more than 600 species, including lions, penguins, giraffes, and stingrays
What You'll Get
- What’s included: admission, access to public feedings, and Wildlife Encounter Shows
- Child admission is valid for ages 3–12.
- Free admission for children aged 2 and under.
- Younger than 18 must be accompanied by a guardian.
- Onsite cafeteria: yes, there are several cafes located in various areas.
- Amenities: gift shops, stroller rental, wheelchair rental
- Transportation: free parking available
The Fine Print
About Wildlife World Zoo, Aquarium & Safari Park
The giraffe smells a food pellet. He pokes his head just over the railing and starts sniffing for the guest holding his treat. Not far off, some brightly plumed parrots land on another visitor’s arm, spying the tasty apple slices in her hand. Though you can’t get this close to every animal at Wildlife World Zoo & Aquarium—such as the lions and the wild Larry Fitzgeralds—the keepers do facilitate animal-human exchanges as often as possible with the zoo’s more than 600 species. They also give visitors novel views of some exhibits by welcoming them aboard the Skyride, the Australian boat ride, and the African train safari. The adjacent aquarium adds to the zoo’s impressive animal collection, housing more than 75 exhibits and enough water to start a new earth colony.
Further attractions include a children’s petting zoo, daily shows, and a baby-animal nursery. At the 15-acre Safari Park, guests stroll or ride the tram through animal habitats, where they can spy on species that live on the other side of the equator. Wildlife World also features two restaurants where guests can feed themselves and their own helpless progeny.