Laughter is the best medicine, though it tends to be the worst legal defense. Salute the healing art of comedy with today's Groupon to Wiley's Comedy Niteclub. Attendees must buy at least two food or drink items at the show.
Choose from one of the following performances:
- $2 for a ticket to see Don Reese on Thursday, August 26, at 8 p.m. ($5 value)
- $5 for a ticket to see Don Reese on Friday, August 27, at 9 p.m. ($10 value)
- $6 for a ticket to see Don Reese on Saturday, August 28, at 8 p.m. or 10:30 p.m. ($12 value)
- $2 for a ticket to see Mark Fradl on Thursday, September 23, at 8 p.m. ($5 value)
- $5 for a ticket to see Mark Fradl on Friday, September 24, at 9 p.m. ($10 value)
- $6 for a ticket to see Mark Fradl on Saturday, September 25, at 8 p.m. or 10:30 p.m. ($12 value)
- $2 for a ticket to see John Roy on Thursday, September 30, at 8 p.m. ($5 value)
- $5 for a ticket to see John Roy on Friday, October 1, at 9 p.m. ($10 value)
- $6 for a ticket to see John Roy on Saturday, October 2, at 8 p.m. or 10:30 p.m. ($12 value)
With a choice of up to 12 performances, you'll get to sample a triumvirate of traveling laugh-peddlers within the historic confines of the Oregon District. Don Reese will pair the quick-witted style and "friendly ghoulishness" he displayed on A&E's Comedy on the Road with fellow comedian Brian Hicks. Mark Fradl, meanwhile, will repeatedly stab your funny bone with his clever, original jokery—which has earned him spots opening up for Dave Chappelle and Chris Rock—and will be joined by Eric Campbell. Eagle-eyed box-viewers may recall John Roy's hilarity from his 2003 victory on Star Search and subsequent appearances on The Tonight Show and The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. Whatever rising talent you laugh with and/or at, expect an abundance of gut-busters and a minimum of elegiac poetry about dying flowers.
A grizzled veteran of the stand-up scene, Wiley's has remained a fixture in Dayton for 28 years, and its stage has hosted stars including Dave Chappelle, Drew Carey, and Jeff Foxworthy. The club's intimate atmosphere will let you get close enough to a friend or date to feel their funny femurs and silly sternums getting tickled. Call ahead to make a reservation at Wiley's Comedy Niteclub.
You must be at least 18 years old to attend.
101 Pine St.
Dayton, Ohio 45402Get Directions