All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed October 1, 2012
Reviewed March 22, 2012
· Reviewed February 7, 2018
What You'll Get
Before modern makeup, people hid fleshly flaws from approaching strangers by shrouding their faces in powder or releasing a dark cloud of ink and quickly swimming away. Make escape mechanisms unnecessary with today's Groupon: for $20, you get $40 worth of beauty products at Wilshire Beauty.
Founded during the of zenith Hollywood glamour, Wilshire Beauty aggregates an ample assortment of the world's finest loveliness- boosting products within a historically protected art-deco building. Wilshire's premier brands are hand-selected and ritualistically blessed during catwalk ceremonies by fashion mogul and boutique big leaguer Des Kohan.
Ask one of many cosmetic crackerjacks on staff for help navigating the marvelous 10,000-square-foot labyrinth of makeup, creams, shampoos, and skin sprucers. The Stila Cosmetics Cover Up Stick ($20) is a non-oily, non-comedogenic chameleon for the complexion, targeting blemishes, sunspots and capillaries covertly with a skin-tinted application, and the Archipelago Botanicals milk handwash ($15) is a cleansing and hydrating concoction made from the homogenized juice of fragrant oat, soy, and rice proteins. Decorate digits with one of the vibrant selections from the Essie nail-enamel collection’s cache of prismatic polishes, such as the Chocolate Kiss or the Fruit Sangria ($7.99 each). Then, use furbished fingers to baste manes with an Enjoy hair mask ($20), an intensive application that transforms dry and disobedient hair into soft, silky, and submissive skull streamers. Or, imitate a Hollywood starlet or a professional beach dweller with TheBalm's Bahama Mama bronzer ($18), a spectrum-shifting skin powder that deepens hues and leaves epidermises glowing naturally like a Conan the Barbarian memorial statue.
Wilshire Beauty's original location is within a protected art-deco building, adding to the historical aura of this long-standing epicenter of prettifying products. Complimentary flatiron demonstrations, as well as cosmetic makeover consultations and lessons, are available to customers every day.
Though some reviewers were disappointed in the customer service at the Wilshire location, more than 30 Yelpers give the Wilshire Boulevard location four stars and 14 give the Vine Street location 4.5 stars:
- I've been going here for 10-15 years whenever I need a product fix. They have all the best brands and make good recommendations when you need help. – karen i., Wilshire Boulevard, Yelp, 12/16/10
- The nice chick who works here not only helped me find everything on the list within 5 minutes, she also explained - in detail - how the ingredients and formulations of various products differed and what implications this has for my hair type. – Jaclyn S., Vine Street, Yelp, 9/11/10
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 26, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. Limit 1 per visit. In-store only. Not valid toward services. Not valid with other offers. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Wilshire Beauty
- The owners hand select beauty products from American, European, and Japanese beauty brands, including Dermalogica, Yonka, and Bliss.
- Licensed estheticians on staff
- Products from Dermalogica, Perricone MD, Moroccan Oil, Kerastase, Voluspa, and more