Having a partner turns bouncing a ball into a tennis match, a monologue into a conversation, and a bear attack into a slightly longer bear attack. Salute the power of pairing with today’s Groupon to Wimberley Valley Winery and Tasting Room in Driftwood. This deal does not include wine samples. Choose from the following options:
• For $24, you get a wine-and-food-pairing class for two at noon, 2 p.m., or 4 p.m. on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday (a $50 value). This package includes:
• Class admission for two (a $12 value)
• Light food pairings for two (a $10 value)
• One corkscrew (a $3 value)
• Two monogrammed wine glasses (a $25 value)
• For $48, you get a wine-and-food-pairing class for four at noon, 2 p.m., or 4 p.m. on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday (a $100 value).
• Class admission for four (a $24 value)
• Light food pairings for four (a $20 value)
• Two corkscrews (a $6 value)
• Four monogrammed wine glasses (a $50 value)
• For $72, you get a wine-and-food-pairing class for six at noon, 2 p.m., or 4 p.m. on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday (a $150 value).
• Class admission for six (a $36 value)
• Light food pairings for six (a $30 value)
• Three corkscrews (a $9 value)
• Six monogrammed wine glasses (a $75 value)
Under the finely tuned taste buds of instructor Dianna Moore, Wimberley Valley Winery and Tasting Room's introductory pairing classes educate customers on the basics of palatable compatibility. Each 60-minute class traces the life of wine-destined grapes from vine to bottle, skipping only rebellious phases spent with delinquent raisins. Groups chatter jovially over light edibles intended to elucidate basic principles of flavor coupling, and though wine is not included in today’s Groupon, it is available for purchase (five tastes for $5).
Upon course completion, newly minted connoisseurs depart with their own corkscrew and two monogrammed wine glasses, putting an end to uncouth habits such as uncorking wine with one’s teeth and lapping it out of bisected tennis balls. Throughout the class, high ceilings and wood rafters afford wines and students ample breathing room, and leather couches and a stone fireplace imbue the space with an atmosphere of elegant warmth.
Alcohol is not required for this class and is not included with this Groupon.
Wimberley Valley Winery
Texas hills unfurl before Wimberley Valley Winery, gently guiding guests to the winery’s stock of wines. Since 1983, the winery’s resident winemaker has created a range of classic varietal wines in addition to offering wines from around the world. While the winemakers weave their magic in the cellar, the remainder of the winery’s staff entertains customers in the elegant tasting room. Here, an expansive stone fireplace steals the attention from sunny yellow walls, and granite counters hide bottle after bottle of wines waiting to be sampled. While tasters sink into cushy leather couches, the staff explains the flavor profiles of wine types and divulge tips for pairing wine with the right food or crazy straws.
2825 County Rd. 183
Driftwood, Texas 78619