Choose From Four Options
- $19 for Admission for One - Saturday, October 17
- $38 for Admission for Two - Saturday, October 17
- $16 for Admission for One - Sunday, October 18
- $32 for Admission for Two - Sunday, October 18
Bounty of the Bay
Amidst the storybook scenery of Kurtz's Beach, the most succulent seafood offerings of Chesapeake Bay come ashore for the Bounty of the Bay Seafood Festival & Crab Soup Cook-Off. This festive celebration of crustaceans, which benefits the Lake Shore-Serverna Park Rotary Club's Scholarship Fund for local students, packs plenty of family fun throughout its five hours. Here's a guide to making the best of your day on the Bay.
- A crab soup cook-off competition is a major highlight. Some of the top local and regional restaurants vie for top prizes across three categories: Maryland Crab Soup, Cream of Crab Soup, and Other. Every attendee gets unlimited samples before getting to vote for their favorite.
- There's more than crab soup, though. This could be the day that forever changes your opinion. But don't worry, if crab soup isn't your thing, Bounty of the Bay has plenty of other seafood options to savor.
- You can get some even fresher air by taking a hot air balloon ride above the bay. Rides run from 2 p.m. until 5 p.m. ($20 per adult, $10 per child).
- You can shake a tail feather to sing-along classic rock favorites performed by popular party acts Split2nd and Boom Boom Jones.
- You can support local artists and craftspeople at an arts and craft show featuring painted crab shells, scented candles, jewelry, women's fashion accessories, and other Maryland-themed gear.
- Other festivities include photo booth sessions, face painting, henna art, and a corn hole tournament.