All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
For $29, today's side deal lets you host an in-home wine tasting party with Wines for Humanity, a $59 value.
- Host up to 18 people in your home with an educational and entertaining wine tasting party lasting 1.5 to two hours
- Led by wine advisor, who will share knowledge and teach proper tasting techniques
- Includes seven wine bottles delivered to your door
- Everything provided for tasting party except for food
- Bottles sampled will be available for purchase ($20 on average)
- Portion of proceeds from each bottle sold go to a local charity
- Host may receive gift and additional discount based on how much wine is sold
Wines for Humanity does not yet have many reviews, but past customers provide testimonials online:
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 25, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy multiple as gifts. Must be 21 or older. By appointment only, must call at least 2 weeks in advance. Subject to availability. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Wines for Humanity
Anton Steinhart has always been a philanthropic man—one who had always dreamed of helping others, but wasn't sure how to use his skills to make a real difference. Having spent years in the wine distribution industry, one day it finally dawned on him: why not put that knowledge toward fundraising to help prevent homelessness, a cause close to his heart? That's how Wines for Humanity started. Today, the nonprofit functions as an educational, in-home tasting experience, wherein a knowledgeable staffer travels to a client's home to conduct a private tasting party. Guests and hosts are also given the opportunity to order any of the wines they enjoyed to later drink at home or mount like a prize on the living room wall.