- $55 for a two-hour in-home wine tasting for 12 to 16 people ($250 value)
Each tasting includes:
- Two-hour tasting led by a professional wine advisor
- Six bottles of wine, delivered by a local retailer
Wine advisors provide the wine glasses and pens. Guests enjoy a selection of wines, and a portion of the proceeds goes towards preventing homelessness in America. Guests are responsible for providing a place for the wine and glasses, as well as any snacks they might want.
A portion of the proceeds from every bottle promoted directly benefits community families who find themselves on the brink of homelessness for reasons beyond their control. As a social enterprise, Wines for Humanity believes that no families like this in America should be homeless and that changing the world starts with local charity. A portion of the company’s profit goes to:
- Their own in-house charity for the Wines for Humanity family
- Profit sharing with their Team Leaders to grow the organization significantly
- Further personal development of the Wine Advisors within Wines for Humanity
Wines for Humanity
Wines for Humanity's professional wine advisers lead in-home tastings that teach guests the finer points of a five-point wine-tasting technique, all while raising funds for local charities. As students sip several exclusive vintages, they learn to judge wines' colors, aromas, and voting records, as well as pick out suitable food pairings. Before the tasting event, Wines for Humanity will bring glasses to the home while selected wines will be delivered by a local retailer and hosts are encouraged to prepare complementary cheese and crackers. Wines that are selected for tasting run at an average of $21 per bottle.