Professional wine advisor teaches guests to discern distinctive notes in six exclusive vintages and pair them with appropriate dishes
About This Deal
Wines for Humanity uses its unique platform to raise funds for charity by bringing exquisite wines to the customer’s home, where they can relax in a fun and educational environment. Between 4% and 10.5% off the top from proceeds benefit struggling families who are threatened by homelessness due to circumstances beyond their control.
Two-Hour In-Home Wine Tasting for 14 to 18 People
A personal wine advisor from Wines for Humanity visits the homes of their customers to host a personalized wine tasting for groups of friends and family. Lessons will cover how to taste wine properly while listening to fun anecdotes. Some proceeds go to the prevention of homelessness.
Each tasting includes:
- Two-hour tasting led by a qualified wine advisor
- All materials provided including 18 crystal wine glasses and 6 bottles of exclusive wine from around the world
- Rating forms and preference sheets for every guest
- Suggested food and/or cheese pairings for each of the wines to make the customer’s shopping experience easy
- Six bottles of wine, delivered by a local retailer
Wine advisors provide the wine glasses and pens. Guests enjoy a selection of wines, and a portion of the proceeds goes towards preventing homelessness in America. Guests are responsible for providing a place for the wine and glasses, as well as any snacks they might want.
A portion of the proceeds from every bottle promoted directly benefits community families who find themselves on the brink of homelessness for reasons beyond their control. As a social enterprise, Wines for Humanity believes that no families like this in America should be homeless and that changing the world starts with local charity. A portion of the company’s profit goes to:
- Their own in-house charity for the Wines for Humanity family
- Profit sharing with their Team Leaders to grow the organization significantly
- Further personal development of the Wine Advisors within Wines for Humanity
About Wines for Humanity
Wines for Humanity's professional wine advisers lead in-home tastings to teach wine-lovers and novices alike the finer points of a five-point wine-tasting technique, all while raising funds for local charities. As students sip from several exclusive vintages, they learn to judge wines' colors and aromas. They also learn how to pick out food pairings for planning dinners in their own homes.
Before the tasting event, Wines for Humanity delivers glasses to the host's home, and a local retailer delivers the selected wines for the in-home tasting (each bottle averages a value of $21). Hosts are encouraged to prepare complementary cheese and crackers to make guests feel welcome and satisfied.