All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
For $15, today's side deal gets you a seat at your choice of an upcoming June alcohol tasting (a $30 value) at Wisdom on Pennsylvania Avenue. Spend an evening of drafts, wafts, or spirits at Wisdom, where owner and head bartender Erik Holzerr has organized a group of gurus for the sake of your well-deserving palate. You can purchase Groupons for as many tastings as you desire, so enjoy a flight of liquids. Choose from the following events:
- Old World summer red and white wine tasting on Tuesday, June 1, at 7:30 p.m.
- Absinthe tasting on Tuesday, June 8, at 7:30 p.m.
- Beer tasting on Tuesday, June 15, at 7:30 p.m.
- St. Germain tasting on Tuesday, June 22, at 7:30 p.m.
- Old World summer red and white wine tasting on Tuesday, June 29, at 7:30 p.m.
Since opening in 2008, this metro cocktail parlor has gathered quite a reputation for serving up scientifically engineered cocktails with a twist of uncalculated charm. Sample what Wisdom knows best on June 8 by tasting four authentic absinthe selections in addition to two of Wisdom's signature absinthe cocktails, or mix up French liqueur in four specialty St. Germain cocktails on June 22. Take a beer flight with first-class cheese and authentic brewery glassware on June 15, or simply follow your nose through 9 to 10 Old World wines, with bread and cheese accompaniment, on June 1 or June 29. Ungifted musical-chairs players are recommended to book early, as seats are limited.
- Open just over a year, he has already proven to be right. With mixology credits like winning the Corcoran's Artini contest and clientele that seeks out Wisdom's more unconventional cocktails, there is truth to the claim that Wisdom is mixing things up. – Kate Michael, NBC Washington
- This Capitol Hill gem specializes in masterful cocktails - and "mocktails" - making everyone feel welcome to have a wonderful evening…But Wisdom is perhaps best known for its largest authentic collection of absinthe in the area...and its lively, fun vibe, and hip, fresh music. – Kate Michael, Associated Content
- Absolutely the best and most inspiring drinks in this town. – iavor i., Yelp
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Valid for date of event purchased only. No cash back. Must be 21 years of age with valid photo ID. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
Skilled mixologists serve up complex drinks at Wisdom, a dark yet charming cocktail parlor where heavy draperies and ornate lights hang along exposed brick walls. Their drink menu runs the gamut from wine and imported beer to a vast selection of authentic absinthe. Bartenders also mix up non-alcoholic "mocktails," with flavor profiles that are as interesting as their alcoholic counterparts. Events such as trivia night pit martinis against memories, and yappy hours let dogs lounge on the patio and play poker while owners sip libations. Wisdom also dishes up tasty tidbits such as chocolate beer waffles doused in maple syrup or bacon waffles covered in bourbon and caramel apples.