Museum stands as a permanent home for historic and artistic displays, while also providing temporary exhibitions, and special events
All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- What’s included: admission
- Museum dedicated to the history of Texas, collecting artifacts, photographs, art, textiles, dinosaur bones, cave drawings, and more.
- Not valid on Tuesdays. Not valid in combination with any other offers or discounts. Must use in 1 visit, no cash or credit back. Not valid for special events.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gift(s). May be repurchased every 90 days. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Witte Museum
Witte Museum's 10-acre campus lies on the same banks of the San Antonio River that witnessed the birth of San Antonio and the story of its 300-year history. As an anchor of lifelong education, the museum shares a narrative of Texas Deep Time History and provides visitors with a wide scope of high-quality immersive exhibits and programs centered around science, history, and the heritage of South Texas.
The Robert J. and Helen C. Kleberg South Texas Heritage Center vividly depicts Texas's past, transporting visitors to the days when the vaqueros, chili queens, cowboys, and cattle kings who built Texas roamed its untamed expanses. Visitors can even see Davy Crockett's own fiddle. In the H-E-B Body Adventure, four floors of healthy, interactive adventures engage visitors of all ages, teaching about how the body works and how to stay healthy. By getting a Powerpass, visitors can walk or run down the 13-mile river walk path between the Witte and San Antonio's historic missions, timing the trek along the way to empower the pursuit of sustained health and wellness.
- Size: 11 walk-through exhibits featuring artifacts, displays, and interactive experiences
- Eye Catcher: the giant Quetzalcoatlus replica greeting guests as they walk into the H-E-B Lantern Gallery
- Permanent Exhibits: H-E-B Body Adventure, South Texas Heritage Center, Dinosaur Gallery, People of the Pecos Gallery, Texas Wild Gallery, and the Acequia Madre and Diversion Dam, an historic spot on museum campus dating back to 1719
- Special Exhibits: Planet Pioneers transports visitors to an alien planet, and lets them touch pieces of Mars, the Moon, and meteorites more than 4.6 billion years old; The Birds and the Bees: Pollinators in Nature, Science and Culture explores the importance of pollinators in the natural world
- Don't Miss: "Quetzy" a giant Quetzalcoatlus, the largest flying dinosaur ever found