All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
After inventing geometry and physics, Greeks invented history—primarily as a way to document their many inventions. Take a stroll through history with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $13 for two general-admission tickets with entrance to Darwin: How One Man’s Theory Turned the World on its Head (up to a $26 value).
- $20 for four general-admission tickets with entrance to Darwin: How One Man’s Theory Turned the World on its Head (up to a $52 value).<p>
Making its Texas debut at the Witte Museum, the acclaimed evolution exhibit reconstructs Charles Darwin’s life and discoveries centered on his five-year voyage aboard the HMS Beagle. Specimens such as actual petrified wood, live animals and orchid flowers, fossils and skeletons, and a life-size replica of a giant glyptodont skeleton stare back at patrons’ wondering eyes. Interactive exhibits allow children to compare similar features among different species or alter virtual environments on computer screens.<p>
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 25, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 3 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Witte Museum
Witte Museum's 10-acre campus lies on the same banks of the San Antonio River that witnessed the birth of San Antonio and the story of its 300-year history. As an anchor of lifelong education, the museum shares a narrative of Texas Deep Time History and provides visitors with a wide scope of high-quality immersive exhibits and programs centered around science, history, and the heritage of South Texas.
The Robert J. and Helen C. Kleberg South Texas Heritage Center vividly depicts Texas's past, transporting visitors to the days when the vaqueros, chili queens, cowboys, and cattle kings who built Texas roamed its untamed expanses. Visitors can even see Davy Crockett's own fiddle. In the H-E-B Body Adventure, four floors of healthy, interactive adventures engage visitors of all ages, teaching about how the body works and how to stay healthy. By getting a Powerpass, visitors can walk or run down the 13-mile river walk path between the Witte and San Antonio's historic missions, timing the trek along the way to empower the pursuit of sustained health and wellness.
- Size: 11 walk-through exhibits featuring artifacts, displays, and interactive experiences
- Eye Catcher: the giant Quetzalcoatlus replica greeting guests as they walk into the H-E-B Lantern Gallery
- Permanent Exhibits: H-E-B Body Adventure, South Texas Heritage Center, Dinosaur Gallery, People of the Pecos Gallery, Texas Wild Gallery, and the Acequia Madre and Diversion Dam, an historic spot on museum campus dating back to 1719
- Visiting Exhibit: MathAlive! where interactive mathematics galleries ignite curiosity and exploration using fun mediums such as video games and sports
- Don't Miss: immersive dioramas showcasing a variety of habitats unique to the state of Texas in the Texas Wild Gallery