All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed January 14, 2016
Reviewed August 15, 2012
· Reviewed October 26, 2017
What You'll Get
Live musical entertainment has delighted humans since the invention of jazz hands with its rousing choruses, memorable showtunes, and customary audience devouring of the villain after every show. Harmonize your senses this summer with today's deal: for $10, you get a lawn ticket to Wolf Trap's production of either Legally Blonde The Musical or The Sound of Music (up to a $25 value). Choose one of 10 dates and 14 times:
- Legally Blonde The Musical, Thursday, August 12, at 8 p.m. ($20 value)
- Legally Blonde The Musical, Friday, August 13, at 8 p.m. ($25 value)
- Legally Blonde The Musical, Saturday, August 14, at 2 p.m. ($20 value)
- Legally Blonde The Musical, Saturday, August 14, at 8 p.m. ($25 value)
- Legally Blonde The Musical, Sunday, August 15, at 2 p.m. ($20 value)
- Legally Blonde The Musical, Sunday, August 15, at 8 p.m. ($20 value)
- The Sound of Music, Tuesday, August 31, at 8 p.m. ($20 value)
- The Sound of Music, Wednesday, September 1, at 8 p.m. ($20 value)
- The Sound of Music, Thursday, September 2, at 8 p.m. ($20 value)
- The Sound of Music, Friday, September 3, at 8 p.m. ($25 value)
- The Sound of Music, Saturday, September 4, at 2 p.m. ($20 value)
- The Sound of Music, Saturday, September 4, at 8 p.m. ($25 value)
- The Sound of Music, Sunday, September 5, at 2 p.m. ($20 value)
- The Sound of Music, Sunday, September 5, at 8 p.m. ($20 value)
Wolf Trap's productions all take place in America's National Park for the Performing Arts, where the company will fill the stage with musical theatrics and entertain more than 7,000 enthralled audience members on the lawn and in the covered seating area. The lawn seating offers elevated views for downward stage viewing, complete with benefits that chair-bound seating can only dream of. Lawn-based groundlings get to bring their own picnic, complete with any beer, wine, or beverage they desire (except kegs, which are prohibited, and whiskey bongs, which are strictly forbidden by common sense). As you gnaw your way through a dinner of comically oversized turkey legs, lose yourself in the story of a bubbly blond lawyering her way to singcess or the Von Trapps escaping Nazis on the wings of impossibly catchy lyrics. Unlike a musical evening at the Worf Trap, Wolf Trap productions are guaranteed to never end in dismemberment by bat'leth.
Wolf Trap's commitment to being totally rad is equaled only by its commitment to environmentally friendly green-venue entertainment, and thus they are a member and pillar of rigid, righteously upstanding support for the Green Music Group. In this spirit, take the Metro Express directly to the show to avoid being trampled by the Carbon Bigfoot, and garner the sweet, delicious rewards of song throughout both shows with today's Groupon to Wolf Trap.
- Spreading out a blanket, opening a picnic basket and enjoying a performance has become a summer tradition for many in the Washington region. – Brad Hathaway, Washington Post
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Limit 4 per person. Valid for lawn seating only. Valid for date purchased only. Advance redemption highly recommended due to volume. Gates open 1.5 hours before showtime. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.