All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed October 18, 2013
Reviewed April 13, 2013
Reviewed June 18, 2012
What You'll Get
Live musical entertainment has delighted humans since the invention of jazz hands with its rousing choruses, memorable show tunes, and customary audience devouring of the villain after every show. Harmonize your senses this summer with today’s Groupon: for $10, you get a lawn ticket to MAMMA MIA!, Guys and Dolls, or “Cathy Rigby Is Peter Pan” at Wolf Trap. Choose one of three shows and from 19 showtimes:
- Thursday, June 30 at 8 p.m. (a $20 value)
- Friday, July 1 at 2 p.m. (a $20 value)
- Friday, July 1 at 8 p.m. (a $25 value)
- Saturday, July 2 at 2 p.m. (a $20 value)
- Saturday, July 2 at 8 p.m. (a $25 value)
- Sunday, July 3 at 2 p.m. (a $20 value)
- Sunday, July 3 at 8 p.m. (a $20 value)
Guys and Dolls
- Thursday, August 11 at 8 p.m. (a $20 value)
- Friday, August 12 at 8 p.m. (a $25 value)
- Saturday, August 13 at 2 p.m. (a $20 value)
- Saturday, August 13 at 8 p.m. (a $25 value)
- Sunday, August 14 at 2 p.m. (a $20 value)
- Sunday, August 14 at 8 p.m. (a $20 value)
“Cathy Rigby Is Peter Pan”
- Thursday, September 1 at 8 p.m. (a $20 value)
- Friday, September 2 at 8 p.m. (a $25 value)
- Saturday, September 3 at 2 p.m. (a $20 value)
- Saturday, September 3 at 8 p.m. (a $25 value)
- Sunday, September 4 at 2 p.m. (a $20 value)
- Sunday, September 4 at 8 p.m. (a $20 value)
Wolf Trap’s performances all take place in America’s National Park for the Performing Arts, where musical theatrics entertain more than 7,000 enthralled audience members on the lawn and in the covered seating area. The lawn seating offers elevated views for downward stage viewing, complete with benefits that chair-bound seating can only dream of. Lawn-based groundlings get to bring their own picnic, complete with any beer, wine, or beverage they desire (except kegs, which are prohibited, and whiskey bongs, which are strictly forbidden). As you gnaw your way through a dinner of comically oversized turkey legs, lose yourself in MAMMA MIA!, the ultimate story of paternal puzzlements. Guys and Dolls and “Cathy Rigby Is Peter Pan” offer equal amounts of entertainment, with a slightly less chance of ABBA-inspired hallucinations.
Wolf Trap’s commitment to being totally rad is equaled only by its commitment to environmentally friendly green-venue entertainment, and thus they are a member and pillar of rigid, righteously upstanding support for the Green Music Group. In this spirit, take the Wolf Trap Express Bus directly to the show to avoid being trampled by the Carbon Bigfoot, and garner the sweet, delicious rewards of song.
Wolf Trap is regularly featured in local press and is a Washington Post Editors’ Pick. More than 70 Yelpers give it a 4.5-star average. > * Spreading out a blanket, opening a picnic basket and enjoying a performance has become a summer tradition for many in the Washington region. – Brad Hathaway, Washington Post > * What a wonderful place. Close enough to DC that you can get there quite easily, far enough away that the setting is remote and idyllic. – Shelagh P., Yelp, 10/29/10
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Limit 4 per person. Limit 4 per visit. Valid for option purchased only. Not valid for resale. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.