All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed August 23, 2016
Reviewed August 14, 2016
Reviewed August 9, 2016
What You'll Get
- $15 for $25 worth of dinner, valid Sunday–Thursday
Click to see the menu.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Reservation required. Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Limit 1 per visit. Limit 1 per table. Not valid for Dim Sum, lunch, or happy hour. Not valid for take-out. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Wong's King Seafood Restaurant
Though the father-and-son team behind Wong's King Seafood Restaurant have crafted a lengthy dinner menu of popular and regional Chinese dishes, many diners try to get here before 3 p.m. That's when the dim sum carts stop rolling, and visitors can no longer snag fragrant plates of cilantro shrimp dumplings, fried-to-a-crisp shrimp balls, or sizzling salt and pepper calamari. From all over Portland, here's what people are saying about Wong's King.
- Portland Monthly raved about the "Bible-length dinner menu...with delicious offerings from abalone in oyster sauce to a curious hot platter of 'sizzling happy family.'”
- It's the best selection in Portland, according to the Examiner, which adds that the dim sum is "always hot and fresh."
- Food publicist Carrie Welch told Eater that when she and her friends walked in, "We knew we were in the right place. Our favorite dishes were all present, like old friends: beef rice noodle rolls; shumai shrimp dumplings transparent enough to see the pink inside; [and] pillowy soft pork buns."
- Thrillist named it one of Portland's six best dim sum places, also noting how it's often packed with people: "It's probably Portland's most popular Chinese restaurant."