Visitors can use wooden walls to strengthen their tendons and train for bigger ascents
Groupon Customer Reviews
About This Deal
- Indoor climbing
- Appropriate for skill levels: no climbing experience is required
- Tallest routes are 15 feet tall, rope or harness are not needed
- The entire floor of the gym is draped with a giant, squishy pad
- Anyone under the age of 14 must be supervised at all times
- Kids under 5 are free with adult pass
Indoor Rock Climbing FAQs
- Is it safe? Yes. Rock climbing gyms typically require a safety course on proper belaying techniques, knots, and other fundamentals for top-rope courses and have designated "beginner" courses for first-timers.
- What should I wear? Loose-fitting clothing that you can easily move around in. You'll be able to grab climbing shoes, harness, and other necessary gear onsite.
- Do I have to be in good shape? Not really—climbing gyms have courses that cater to a wide range of fitness levels. Generally speaking, if you can climb a ladder you can indoor rock climb.
- What if I'm afraid of heights? Try bouldering, which takes place on shorter walls and doesn't require harnesses or other top-rope gear. Bouldering focuses more on moving sideways than vertically, so climbers rarely get more than 10–12 feet off the ground.
About Wooden Mountain Bouldering Gym
At this unique, in-door rock climbing facility, visitors won't climb to towering heights—they'll only ever get as high as fifteen feet off the ground. Instead, they'll be tasked with solving complex climbing problems, testing their endurance and stamina as they decide which foot to move first and which hold to grab next in order to stay stable and in-motion during their climb.
Bouldering, according to the specialists at Wooden Mountain Bouldering Gym, is less about speed and reaching the top, and more about solving the challenge of a climb that's engineered to take not only physical strength to accomplish, but also careful planning.
- Because the climbs aren't particularly high, the floors at Wooden Mountain Bouldering Gym are made of foam padding to cushion any accidental falls.
- Guests are encouraged to wear comfortable, athletic clothes.
- The gym is host to 70-85 different climbing "problems" at a time, which are recreated and reset every five weeks.
- Climbing shoes and hand chalk can be rented or brought from home.
- Climbing walls dedicated for kids can be found for those 10 and younger.
Know the Rules
- There is no minimum climbing age, and guests as young as four years-old can learn in special classes.
- No street shoes or bare feet while climbing.
- Interrupting another climber's route or crossing paths while climbing is forbidden.
- Climbing with a spotter is encouraged.