Before the government invented autumn, the transition from summer to winter was abrupt and jarring: baseballs were frozen in midair and ice-cream men were forced to sell piping-hot jambalaya. Enjoy the beauty of mankind’s newest season with today’s Groupon: for $6, you get a special-package admission to Woodside Nursery & Garden Center, located in Patchogue. Customers must ask for Steve or Paul to redeem their Groupon, which expires on October 31, 2010. This deal gets Groupon holders all of the following:
- One sugar pumpkin ($3 value)
- One Mining for Gold admission ($3.50 value)
- One Balloon Bounce admission ($2 value)
- Two Haunted Tunnel admissions ($4 value)
The Woodside Nursery & Garden Center comes alive for autumn, offering a myriad of fall-based family activities and Halloween haunts. With this deal, pick up one sugar pumpkin from the nursery’s expansive pumpkin patch an get the ideal orange gourd for baking tasty pies. Entrepreneurial kids can finance their professional duck, duck, goose stadiums with a jaunt to the Mining for Gold attraction, where 20 panning stations allow aspiring miners to keep all the golden nuggets they can find. In the Haunted Tunnel, 300 feet of moving props, creepy special effects, bone-chilling music, and a cameo from Dracula’s sinister cousin Bracula combine to scare visitors and resident jack-o'-lanterns alike. An ebullient bounce session at the Balloon Bounce is a convenient way to drain a child's energy batteries, ensuring a peaceful drive home.
- Would def recommend staff was nice. – Cityfolk, Yahoo! Local
- This is a very nice, well priced nursery with an extreme amount of character and for a family day out with the kids is unbeatable locally for the experience that they will have. I recommend this to everyone and anyone with young children looking for a safe and fun place to celebrate the fall season. – arnofamily, Citysearch
Woodside Nursery Inc.
On Woodside Nursery Inc.'s 5-acre grounds, a sprawling greenhouse hosts seasonal, Long Island–grown florae. The nursery staff cultivates its own flowers, vegetable plants, and herbs onsite to oversee every facet of growth and read each plant its preferred bedtime story at night. With photos and measurements for reference, these green-thumbed experts will also help customers design lush landscapes free of charge. Woodside's stock changes with the necessities of the seasons, with sundry flowers in the springtime, pond fish in the summer, pumpkins in the fall, and Christmas trees, wreaths, roping, and an all new Santa's House in the winter.