Though meals tend to bring friends together, meals peppered with magnets can push them apart. Enjoy an attractive repast with today’s Groupon to Woody’s Wharf in Newport Beach.
$15 for $30 worth of seafood and steak
- The menu includes the following:
- Filet mignon kebabs ($9.95)
- Angus beef build-a-burger ($11.95)
- Shrimp & scallop brochette ($15.95)
- Herb-crusted rack of lamb ($19.95)
- Waterfront landmark for 40+ years
- Formerly owned by Chuck Norris
- Patrons have included John Wayne and Cary Grant
Once a repair shop and storage facility for local fishing fleets, for the past 40-plus years Woody’s Wharf has flourished as a casual eatery serving prominent patrons such as Mickey Mantle and John Wayne. The waterfront locale fosters fresh seafood dishes such as crab cakes and swordfish, pleasing the palate of former owner Chuck Norris, who bench-pressed unsuspecting fishing boats amid sparkling views of Newport Bay’s harbor. For their popular weekend brunch, Woody’s chefs whip up classic egg dishes such as omelets and breakfast burritos, which waiters can ferry to a dockside outdoor patio for easier plate-sharing with mooching mermen.