An aquarium visit soothes the soul with visions of ambling fish and bubbling tanks that make us nostalgic for the gestation pods in which all human life begins. Come full circle with this Groupon.
Choose from Four Options
- $25 for a half-day camp program for one (a $60 value)
- $45 for a half-day camp program for two (a $120 value)
- $50 for a full-day Scientist in Action camp program for one (a $100 value)
- $95 for a full-day Scientist in Action camp program for two (a $200 value)<p>
Those who opt for a half-day camp can choose from the following:
- During Sea Camp, kids aged 8–12 work with a curator to learn about the aquarium’s animals and all the work that goes into designing exhibits.
- Junior Assistant Curator Camp is similar to Sea Camp but designed for kids aged 12–20.
- Animal Trainer Camp teaches kids aged 12–20 about the training, feeding, cleaning, and enrichment systems in place at the aquarium.<p>
Alternatively, the full-day Scientist in Action Camp gives kids aged 16–20 access to the laboratory at the World Aquarium where they assist biologists and help care for animals. <p>
Since 1971, World Aquarium has stuck to its not-for-profit mission to protect marine life and promote the public's understanding of the aquatic world through educational programs, exhibits, and research. The aquarium unsurprisingly favors a hands-on approach; visitors often get close enough to high-five the flippers, fins, or pincers of many of its more than 10,000 animals.
Tour guides wind through exhibits on sea and freshwater animals, showcasing creatures such as sea turtles, sharks, stingrays, and fish from rivers and lakes around the globe. While peering into the faithfully reconstructed habitats, visitors absorb valuable information on how to conserve water, protect aquatic resources, and peacefully resolve conflicts between Siamese fighting fish.