All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed August 17, 2016
Reviewed May 17, 2016
What You'll Get
After purchasing this deal, you will need to visit the website listed on your Groupon voucher to complete redemption.
Choose from Three Options
- $49 for worldground transportation membership card ($245 value)
- $69 for 1-way sedan airport transfer to or from Newark, JFK, LaGuardia airport ($110 value)
- $119 for round-trip sedan airport transfer to and from Newark, JFK, LaGuardia airport ($225 value)
Option 1 entails:
- Membership valid for 2 years (membership # housed in client profile)
- Entitles bearer to 20% of all bookings
- Guaranteed vehicle upgrade to either a Mercedes Benz Sedan, Cadillac Escalade SUV, or a Mercedes Sprinter Van at no additional charge
- Must book 2 weeks in advance
- Valid for the following counties to/from EWR/JFK/LGA airports: Bergen, Passaic, Morris, Somerset, Union, Essex, and Hudson
- ROI after 1st ride!
- No minimum
Four Things to Know About Traffic Congestion
Professional drivers know all sorts of secrets for getting places faster and avoiding traffic jams. To understand what they’re up against, check out Groupon’s look at traffic delays.
1. It doesn’t take much to start a traffic jam. Even on a straight highway with no accidents or construction, a single driver tapping the brake can create a stop-and-go wave. When vehicles enter the rear of a suddenly slowed traffic flow faster than cars at the front can accelerate back to regular speed, congestion ensues. These “phantom jams” have been documented stretching as far back as 50 miles and, once traffic reporters spread the word, can attract dozens of boombox-bearing ghosts.
2. On the flip side, you can do your part to prevent them. Through computer modeling of this scenario, MIT computer scientist Berthold Horn has found that phantom jams can be significantly reduced if drivers maintain an equal distance between the car in front of them and the car behind.
3. In the world’s most congested areas, at least you can enjoy the view. Traffic research firm Inrix releases an annual report on the worst spots for delays, and in 2014, tourist destinations Milan and Honolulu took top honors. Depending on the season, the average Honolulan loses three to five hours a month to jams. Why? One major factor is simply that it’s on an island, so there’s limited room for road systems to expand and relieve the pressure.
4. Don’t believe anyone who says Thanksgiving is the busiest traffic day of the year. There are typically five or more busier days during the summer, often Fridays when people are driving to weekend destinations to enjoy the warm weather or escape the ice-cream truck’s infernal tune.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 180 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Reservation required for option 2 and 3. 24-hr cancellation notice required. Limit 2 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. For option 1, must book airport transfers two weeks in advance. Valid for the following counties to/from EWR/JFK/LGA airports: Bergen, Passaic, Morris, Somerset, Union, Essex, and Hudson. Gratuity, tolls, any parking fees are extra. Additional fees may apply on Holidays and Early/Late Night transfers. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.