Choose from Six Options
- C$29 for a wild edible plants hike for one (C$99 value)
- C$55 for a wild edible plants hike for two (C$198 value)
- C$29 for an outdoor survival skill and disaster preparedness course for one (C$99 value)
- C$55 for an outdoor survival skill and disaster preparedness course for two (C$198 value)
- C$29 for a family camping and survival skills course for one (C$99 value)
- C$69 for a family camping and survival skills for four (C$296 value)
During the edible plant hike, participants learn how to identify and forage for wild edible and medicinal plants. The hike lets people identify and sample 50–75 species and includes a wild-edibles booklet.
The outdoor survival skill and disaster preparation class teaches participants how to survive in the outdoors by constructing a survival kit, building fire and a shelter, and choosing backup gear and equipment for off-the-grid survival.
The family camping and survival skills course guides participants in selecting proper gear and campsites, including how to access free campsites known as crown lands.
WSC Survival School
WSC Survival School, Inc.'s director David Arama is one of Canada's foremost survival experts. He has appeared on TSN's The Great Outdoorsman show and The Weather Network News, has taught outdoor classes for 30 years, and he has written several survival manuals.
His school's classes include everything from kayaking and orienteering to an outdoor survival course, where students learn how to build a fire, erect shelter, and take a selfie looking fierce in strategically placed mud. His hiking for wild edibles class challenges participants to forage for more than 50 species of edible and medicinal plants.