What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- $49 for interior and exterior cleaning for 10 windows ($100 value)
- $99 for a complete gutter cleaning and inspection for an area up to 3,500 square feet ($200 value)
Four Things to Know About Window Washing
Getting spotless windows isn’t always clear and simple, but fortunately the pros have a few tricks mastered. Read on to learn just what they’re doing out there.
1. Some DIY window-cleaning techniques can actually make your windows dirtier. When you rub at a window with paper towel, you’re not just pushing around grime—you’re creating a static charge on the glass, which will pull in dust particles whenever they float within range. A squeegee’s rubber blade is ideal partly because it’s such a poor conductor.
2. Don’t judge window washers by the amount of suds—or even elbow grease—they use. The more suds in the bucket, the likelier it is that some of it will build up and leave a residue. And with a good soap, there’s no need to scrub hard. In fact, using too much pressure or the wrong tools could scratch the glass by rubbing in dirt particles. A light touch with a soft cloth applicator works best.
3. Don’t worry if the sun’s not out when the cleaners show up. It might seem counterintuitive, but cloudy days can be best for getting your windows completely transparent. The heat of straight-on sunlight can cause cleaning solution to dry too quickly, leaving spots and streaks that can make the job take longer. (Plus, glare from glass can impair vision, making it harder to spot stains or the reflection of a child about to launch a balloon filled with paint.)
4. The stuff in the bucket may vary. It’s common for even professional window washers to use dishwashing liquid; after all, if it can get drinking glasses flawlessly clean, it can do the same for window glass. But different companies prefer different products. Some add in ammonia, which cuts through the kind of grease-based stains left by human hands, and others use a commercial foaming solvent, which has the benefit of staying in place rather than dripping.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 180 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. May be repurchased every 90 days. Valid only within 30 miles of zip code 75034. Appointment required. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Limit 1 per visit. Limit 1 per household. Must use promotional value in 1 visit. Valid only for option purchased. All goods or services must be used by the same person. Extra fee for driving outside service area. Extra fee for more than ten windows cleaned. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.