This Groupon gently stretches your muscles and joints, a pleasant sensation sought after by bungee cords, Laffy Taffies, and Stretch Armstrongs everywhere. For $25, you get five yoga classes at YogaOne Studios, a hot yoga studio in Midtown. YogaOne's Hot Hatha, and Vinyasa classes take place six times a day during the week and four times a day on weekends. A five-class card is usually $70; see a schedule here.
YogaOne's brand-new studio has sustainable bamboo floors, a locker room with multiple showers, ample parking around the building, and a bin of yo-yos manned by former Olympic Judo champion Ben Campbell. The hot yoga room is heated by a custom humidification system, which makes deep stretching easier and allows for greater detoxification and cleansing. The heat helps heal lower back pain as you meditate, stretch, and bend your body into optimum working order. YogaOne helps people lose weight with a full-body, calorie-blazing workout that increases metabolism. The studio also offers unheated classes.
Instructors are friendly, experienced yogites who help students sweat and stretch until they're calmer, more energized, and more revitalized than the 217 rechargeable AA batteries that power Great America. If you're new to yoga, this is a great chance to learn the downward dog, upward dog, and the Mississippi Tugboat. Yoga stretches your muscles, relieving stiffness and pain. It also increases flexibility and strength (deep core muscles support each pose), which improves range of motion, balance, and posture (good posture is vital to moving up in the corporate world, seeing over the steering wheel, and sitting down).
Note: All five classes must be redeemed before the expiration date.
- Convenient location, great schedule, bright & clean facility, and experienced instructors. – DonPuryear, Citysearch
- They really took the time to help me ease into this new experience... I feel like a new person each time I leave. I could go on and on about how fantastic Yoga One is, but truly, you'll just have to find for yourself! – readysetgogp, Citysearch
- Best Yoga Studio in Houston TX – Sladki, Citysearch
The Gimmicks of Competing Yoga Studios
One Citysearcher calls YogaOne “The Best Yoga Studio In Houston,” a reputation that has spawned numerous knock-off competitors. Here’s how they’ve tried to replicated YogaOne’s success:
- YogaTwo: Offers Hot Yoga, Cold Yoga, and Malaise Yoga.
- YogaThree: Every student is given their own motivational snarling fox.
- YogaFour: Each classroom is haunted by a different vice president.
- YogaFive: Calling it yoga doesn’t hide the fact that it’s clearly a karate studio.
- YogaInfinity: The yoga studio that exists only in a non-visible spectrum of light.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
YogaOne Studios- Bellaire Location
Instructors at YogaOne Studios tout training in disciplines that range from gentle hatha yoga to fast-flowing vinyasa yoga, weaving together poses from these disciplines in 60- and 90-minute hot-yoga classes for students of all levels. During the active flow class, instructors draw techniques from Baptiste Yoga, Forrest Yoga, and other vinyasa traditions, leading students from one posture to the next in a continuous flow. Alternatively, during the yoga-for-athletes sessions, instructors lead students through slow-paced poses that emphasize deep stretches, full breaths, and realistic sloth impersonations. In an effort to deepen practitioners’ relaxation, flexibility, and detoxification, they heat their practice rooms to between 80 and 105 degrees. Following these sweat-inducing sessions, students can enjoy access to multiple showers, changing rooms, and purified water.
3030 Travis St
Houston, Texas 77006Get Directions