Astronauts regularly practice yoga to stay limber, modulate their breathing, and control their crippling fear of being eaten by the moon. Take one small stretch with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $1,500 for 200 hours of yoga-teacher training (a $3,500 value)
- $49 for a one-day yoga-workshop retreat (a $135 value)
Yoga teacher training takes place during three days—Friday from noon to 6 p.m.; Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.; and Sunday from 11:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.—on these dates:
- July 27–29
- August 10–12
- August 17–19
- August 31–September 2
- September 7–9
- September 14–16
Instructor Michelle Mazur places a strong emphasis on the therapeutic properties of yoga while teaching Vinyasa Flow and Classical Iyengar Alignment. She will share elements of Ayurveda, including the use of herbs and oils in healing, while ingraining an understanding in the gunas (qualities of nature) and the doshas (human constitutions). Her courses also cover food and diet, as well as a philosophical studying of the Bhagavad-Gita.
Workshop retreats are held from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. and cover a variety of topics, including:
- Sunday, July 22: Study of the yoga sutras and the book on yoga by Patanjali, as well as a beginning look at postures and breath
- Saturday, September 1: Exploring how injuries occur during yoga practice and how to prevent them, as well as using yoga as a tool for therapy
- Sunday, September 2: Ayurveda and the use of food, herbs, and oils for healing, as well as an introduction to restorative and therapeutic yoga postures
- Sunday, September 16: Philosophical study of the Bhagavad-Gita and meditation on what is inaction and what is action
Michelle Mazur - Yoga Teacher Training
After decades spent as a ballet dancer, Michelle Mazur could feel every performance echoing through her body in the form of throbbing pain in her spine, lower back, and hips. A series of autoimmune diseases worsened the suffering, and she began to grow ill. Then Michelle discovered the therapeutic properties of yoga. Twelve years later, she is a Yoga Alliance-certified E-500-level instructor who shares its philosophy and practice with others. Michelle's private yoga therapies, Ayurveda workshops, vinyasa flow, Iyengar alignment sessions, and Yoga Sutra studies take place in a yurt that serves as a getaway from the bustle of downtown Los Angeles. Surrounded by trees, the yurt’s skylight lets sunlight or starlight peak through the wavering branches overhead.
90% of 10 customers recommend
“Wonderful teachers and experience”
“This is a unique, effective way of learning and teaching yoga is for everyone and anybody. The philosophy covered builds a solid foundation for teachers and the more...”
“This is a unique, effective way of learning and teaching yoga is for everyone and anybody. The philosophy covered builds a solid foundation for teachers and the more casual student looking for inner transformation & growth. Yoga therapy teaches proper alignment and takes care of the spine for healing and sustained wellness!!”
“Only just finished week 1, and it's amazing! I'm so glad I signed up. ”