Tennis was originally referred to as "the sport of kings", a nickname shared with horse racing, falconry, hunting, and dissolving parliament. Pass the time like a potentate with this Groupon.
Choose from Six Options
- $249 for five after-school Junior tennis lessons for ages 6–9 ($550 value)
- $249 for five after-school Junior tennis lessons for ages 9–17 ($550 value)
- $199 for five Pee Wee tennis lessons for ages 3–6 ($375 value)
- $350 for 10 one-hour beginner clinics (up to $700 value)
- $350 for 10 one-hour advanced-beginner clinics (up to $700 value)
- $450 for 10 two-hour Drill & Play classes for intermediate and advanced players (up to $900 value)
Click here to view the adult class and clinic schedule.
Junior and Pee Wee classes take place from May 1 to June 11 at Yorkville's sister location, Sutton East Tennis Club, at 59th Street and York Avenue. Junior classes for ages 6–9 take place on Mondays and Fridays from 4–5 p.m. Junior classes for ages 9–17 take place on Mondays and Fridays from 5–6 p.m. and 6–7 p.m. Pee Wee classes take place on Mondays and Wednesdays from 3–4 p.m.
Yorkville Tennis Club
Located inside a doorman apartment building on the Upper East Side, Yorkville Tennis Club hosts matches in climate-controlled luxury. A bubble protects the two full-sized courts year-round, ensuring guests' comfort as they serve and volley atop the same Deco Turf used in the U.S. Open. Locker rooms with showers make it easy to clean up after a match, and a small pro shop with racquet-stringing services helps keep equipment in shape. Pee-wee leagues and youth classes help kids ages 3 to 17 build tennis skills, self confidence, and healthy bodies; for older students, private lessons and adult clinics offer a chance to master specific techniques under expert instruction.