Visitors get a chance to brew their own beer and return two weeks later to bottle it and take home
What You'll Get
- During the beer-brewing experience, visitors will brew their own beer and then return in two weeks to bottle it and take it home
- Clients can either bring their own bottles for bottling, or purchase them for an average of $25
- The experience for two people yields one 5 gallon batch; the experience for four people yields two 5 gallon batches.
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Age restrictions: Must provide 21+ ID to make Beer
The Fine Print
About You Brew It
Whether you're an avid homebrewer or new to craft beer, a visit to You Brew It is in order. The knowledgable staff members are happy to assist homebrewers, too, by answering questions and helping visitors choose homebrewing kits. However, the spot focuses on providing guests with the chance to brew their own beer, wine, and cider on premises. And You Brew It does so with the aid of a few key digits.
- After brewing more than 34,000 beers in his garage, Daryle Longstreth joined forces with his wife Leah to open You Brew It's 1,700-square-foot Rancho Cordova space in 2015.
- Myriad types of wine and beer are available for brewing, including Flavored ale, Stouts, and IPAs. Guests can also brew 4 ciders: apple, mixed berry, strawberry pear, and pear.
- Initial visits differ depending on the brewing process. For example, extract beer visits last about 2 hours and wine takes up to 60 minutes.
- The length of fermentation also varies depending on what libation is being produced. Beer generally ferments for 2 weeks, and wine does the same for 4 to 6 weeks.
- Although each batch produces between 48 and 52 bottles of beer or 25 bottles of wine, bottling takes roughly 30 minutes, regardless of the beverage.
- Extract beer visits last about 2.5 hours and wine takes up to 60 minutes with the latter including Flavored Ales, Stouts, and IPA's, plus a hoppy pilsner and habanero-infused IPAs