What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | Artists Who Lived Underground
Add style to your apartment's white walls and break free from your white v-neck tee with unique, affordable art and handmade goods. Today's Groupon gets you $50 worth of crafty clothing, quirky cards, awesome art, accessories, and more for just $25 at Young Blood Gallery and Boutique.
Browse a bounty of handmade goods in Young Blood's boutique. Unlike online vendors of handcrafted commodities, Young Blood's convenient Atlanta storefront lets you admire the superior craftsmanship and quality before purchasing each one-of-kind piece. Integrate art into your everyday life with items like this stately kitchen towel, fun journal design, or helpful palmistry tee. Curate your own gallery of artful forest-creature necklaces and yummy watermelon clutches, or inspire a friend with a fun and thoughtful gift.
Young Blood is the premier independent showcase for emerging artists and local crafters in Atlanta, including Erica Weiner Jewelry, Sharpshirter, Sudstress, Dolan Geiman, Small Things Design, Crystalyn Kae, and more. Check out YB's blog to get a better idea of the merch offered. All pieces are carefully chosen for quality, style, variety, and resemblance to Jerry Ferrara.
Creative Loafing's Best Place to Buy Affordable Art and Homegrown Crafts, The Young Blood Gallery and Boutique is featured in The Washington Post, Venus Zine, and ReadyMade Magazine for its hip, handmade goods:
- Youngblood emphasizes handmade clothes and house wares with a high adorability quotient, most of which is made nearby if not in town. – Beverly Bryan, Venus Zine
- This is ground zero for indie art and crafts in Atlanta...Young Blood is the best place to buy all things handmade in the entire city. – ReadyMade Magazine
Yelpers give YB five stars:
- It's art for everyday. I visit every two weeks because there will always be some new "objet d'art" for me to covet and crave. Stuff ranges from cute & quirky to gritty-gangsta. – Jaxxie B.
- Youngblood is a really cool place that I could browse around for hours...The boutique is full of creative gift ideas, and the offbeat greeting card selection can't be beat. – Leigh S.
- The staff has always been friendly, and the exhibits that the gallery portion mounts are interesting and totally non-pretentious. – Emily C.
Artists Who Lived Underground
At Young Blood, you might purchase something from the next great American artist. Here are some well-known facts about some of America’s most famous artists who were once possibly considered the next great American artists:
- Norman Rockwell: Toiled in a series of underground caves for his entire life.
- Jackson Pollock: Lived in underground caves until he was 20.
- Edward Hopper: His famous Nighthawks depicts the artist in his underground cave.
- Georgia O’Keefe: Found inspiration in her adopted home of New Mexico, where she lived in a cave under the ground.
Click here to discuss Groupon the Cat.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Mar 4, 2010. Amount paid never expires. No purchase limit. Only valid at store front, not redeemable online. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.