All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed March 25, 2012
Reviewed March 25, 2012
Reviewed February 17, 2015
What You'll Get
Today's side deal encourages the culinary spirit in the youth of today, who are the former children of tomorrow: for $25, a family of four gets a holiday gingerbread house decorating party at Young Chefs Academy (a $50 value).
- 90-minute course offered at 5 and 7 p.m. on Friday, December 10; Friday, December 17; and Monday, December 20
- Pre-built gingerbread house provided ready for ornamentation
- Decorate with sweet supplies from Young Chefs Academy, including gum drops, licorice, and wafers
- Young Chefs Academy provides a fun, safe, and motivating environment for kids to become acquainted with the art of food and food presentation
- Engaging chef instructors educate a variety of age groups, with specially catered classes for youngsters, combining nutritional meals with basic food-prep skills that teach how to correctly follow a recipe to edible fruition
Though the gingerbread house decorating has not been reviewed yet, reviewers are enthusiastic about the regular classes at Young Chefs Academy's branches all over the country. Austin Citysearchers give their local academy an average of 4.5 stars:
- My daughter had fun and learned a lot about cooking. She now fixes entire dinners for the family and bakes too! Her experience expanded her palate and even made me want to try some new food items. – Dottie60
- This is a great place for kids! My kids attend classes after school and they have so much fun!! The classes are fun and entertaining....yet the kids are engaged in non-stop learning. – tkastning
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 18, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per family of 4, may buy multiple as gifts. Registration required; subject to availability. 48-hour cancellation notice or Groupon is forfeited. Fee applies for each additional person. Not valid with other offers. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Young Chefs Academy
"If you make it, you will taste it" is the motto founder Julie Fabing Burleson (http://gr.pn/yCWj1v) envisioned when she created Young Chefs Academy. In addition to giving youngsters hands-on exposure to culinary techniques, kitchen safety, eating etiquette, and table setting, the academy's philosophy ensures that kids like 10-year-old former veggie-hater Camille gain an appreciation for healthy homemade cuisine. With centers in more than 10 states, Young Chefs Academy enriches growing minds with engaging cooking classes, camps, and birthday parties that impart valuable life skills, such as self-reliance and how to trick a younger sibling into doing the dishes.