|_Jump to: Reviews||Avoid These Pizza Mistakes_|
Preservatives are invisible, but not to your taste buds. Their widespread presence in most pizza is the number one cause behind the pizza-badness epidemic. Full-flavored, healthy pizza at an affordable price is hard to come by. That’s why zpizza, an oasis in the modern-preservatives desert, has made it its mission to serve delicious pizza with fresh, mostly organic ingredients. It offers great pizza, rusticas, sandwiches, salads, and baked pastas. Check out the full menu for all the glorious options you can get at the West Hollywood location with today’s Groupon.
Every pizza at zpizza is freshly prepared, hand thrown, gently coaxed into the oven, and fire-baked to its crispy perfection. The dough is prepared fresh daily from 100% certified-organic wheat, but z is happy to accommodate wheat-haters with gluten-free options. Toppings include MSG-free pepperoni, certified-organic tomato sauce, additive-free sausage, fresh produce, and award-winning Wisconsin skim mozzarella. Everything is made with zpizza love for unique topping combinations: try a Moroccan (pesto, eggplant, feta, caramelized onions, and pine nuts) or the chicken curry and yam. It’s like preparing the all-flavors suicide drink at the soda fountain, except with roasted bell peppers and truffle oil instead of Mr. Pibb’s and Green River.
zpizza offers 22 different pizzas in three standard sizes (10”–18”) and several unique selections of extra-thin hand-shaped rustica pizzas. Try the popular Napoli or ZBQ, or stick to the tride and true basic pepperoni if you’re not feeling as adventurous. You can also build your own pizzas from z’s extensive list of more than 40 toppings for an endless combination of possiblities.
zpizza can usually accommodate many of today’s special diet needs. It offers a 10” gluten-free crust with many gluten-free toppings to choose from. The West Hollywood zpizza now offers a new upgraded 100% vegan soy cheese (without casein) that may be substituted on any pizza on special request.
Everyone knows zpizza has great pizza, sandwiches, and salads. It just won health-e-living’s Healthy Dining Restaurant of the Month award. Yelpers give it a four-star average; Citysearchers give it a near-perfect 4.5: > * I recently went to Z Pizza in West Hollywood and was delighted to finally find a great pizza place in LA. They offer a huge selection of quality ingredients and the crust is to die for! …They also offered a selection of baked pastas. The staff was friendly and helpful. You can bet I’ll be back soon for more! I highly recommend them. – dfan, Citysearch > * My lunchmates raved about the order saying “why haven’t we ordered from here before?? I will definitely order from Z Pizza again in the very near future!. – Jenny K., Yelp > * I go every week and get the BBQ Chicken salad, which is consistently superb every single time. When I’m in the mood for a sandwich I either have their pollo latino or super sub sandwich. The service is fast and friendly and the food is always top-notch. –blizzy, Citysearch
Avoid These Pizza Mistakes
zpizza has found success with its tasty, healthy mantra. Twenty-five attempts at single-letter-named, misguidedly themed pizza restaurants by other pizza entrepreneurs have had less success. Aspiring pizza entrepreneurs would do well to know the history of these failed single-letter pizza gimmicks:
- A Pizza: Staffed by surly teens
- B Pizza: Crust on the inside, pizza on the outside
- C Pizza: Sauce ceremonially blessed by Wiccan chef
- D Pizza: Only available topping was your mom
- E Pizza: Viking-themed
- F Pizza: Offered the “anti-pizza”
- G Pizza: Didn’t accept money
- H Pizza: Hang out spot for all those yo-yo fans
- I Pizza: Delivered in 45 hours or it’s free
- J Pizza: Failure of “open contempt for customers” concept
- K Pizza: Right across the street from the free pizza store
- L Pizza: Their delivery charge was that they put you in charge of picking it up
- M Pizza: Highly successful, victim of arson
- N Pizza: Accidently imploded instead of Veteran’s Stadium in Philadelphia
- O Pizza: Buy one pizza get nine free program was too successful
- P Pizza: Made everyone stutter or giggle
- Q Bagel-Dogs: Unwelcome change of pace
- R Pizza: Built on ancient Indian burial ground
- S Pizza: Sound system got stuck on “Hot Hot Hot”
- T Pizza: Off-putting slogan: We Put Blood and Sweat Into our Pizzas!
- U Pizza: Destroyed by a cyclone
- V Pizza: Pizza ovens haunted by an Austrian baron
- W Pizza: No physical location, existed only in the customers’ minds
- X Pizza: Sued by X’s Pizza, the pizza shop owned by the punk band, X
- Y Pizza: Name made people realize they didn’t want pizza
With zpizza, they’ve worked out the kinks.
zpizza West Hollywood
Founded in a Laguna Beach art colony, Z Pizza has spent 25 years honing in on the perfect doughy disc, building prototypes with 100% organic wheat crusts and creative toppings. Dough-slingers hand toss each crust, be it regular, whole wheat or gluten-free, before fire-baking it to a signature crunch. Sauces such as chipotle pesto, thai peanut, or organic tomato coat the dough before a cascade of more than 40 toppings such as additive-free sausage, truffle oil, or free-range pepper shakers spill over the colorful surface. Vegan-friendly meals are also available, whereas gluten-free options include a rice, tapioca, and potato-flour personal pizza.
8869 Santa Monica Blvd
West Hollywood, California 90069Get Directions