Breathe the soothing bouquets of oolong, sencha, rooibos, and jasmine pearls with today's piping-hot Groupon: $20 worth of hand-plucked, organic, fair-trade teas at the Zhi Tea Gallery, located at 4607 Bolm Rd. A tin of tea is the perfect gift for friends in need of relaxation or for someone who is indifferent to tea, but enjoys fashioning flutes out of tin containers.
Zhi's fine teas are lovingly hand-selected by the owners, each of whom has three hands to more lovingly hand-select. Zhi is sure to please any teaophile with its comprehensive catalog of white, green, oolong, black, flavored, and herbal teas. If you're looking for an exotic cup of Sweet Desert Delight ($14.50 per 4.2-oz tin), an afternoon slurp of sweet and nutty Genmaicha ($13.50 for 2.5-oz tin), or a soothing sip of Restful Blend ($10.50 for 1.9-oz tin) before bed, Zhi will hook up your leafy hankerings. Zhi Tea is also a great resource for tea newbies: the friendly owners are happy to make recommendations, and offer sniffs and sample sips of their wares.
Note: Groupon is also valid at the downtown Austin Farmer's Market at the Zhi Tea booth on Saturdays.
Zhi Tea's Sweet Desert Delight was rated 9.4 on Teaviews.com, characterized thusly:
- I have tried many rooibos blends and this is one of the best so far. This is one tea that I actually found myself ordering more of even before I finished my review! – Cindy, Teaviews
Yelpers steep Zhi Tea in compliments, giving it 4.5 stars:
- They know their teas very well, and are eager to answer any questions about the varieties that they offer. They'll even brew you a sample if you are interested. – Brian S.
- This place is the best. One of the owners took my husband and I on a tour of teas, telling us about all of the different varieties. – Wendy W.
- I love these guys...why? they are locally grown in Austin (gotta love that!); they sell the most beautifully packaged AND tasting organic tea anywhere. – Tea A.
Tea to Help You Get Over a Break-Up
A great cup of tea is always relaxing, even after a bad break-up. That's what inspired For Karen Tea Company. Founded in 2004 by a broken-hearted Kevin Bond, FKTC grew out of his obsession with organic, loose-leaf teas during the months he spent coping with being dumped by his girlfriend Karen. Here are some of the teas Kevin sells today:
- Sunny Days/Happy Nights English Breakfast Tea
- Wow, This Comes as a Surprise, Karen Chamomile Tea
- Can't Go To Work Cause Karen is There Ginseng Tea
- Brad? As In My Roommate Brad? Chai Tea
- Endless, Inescapable Nightmare of Loneliness Honey-Jasmine Tea
- Karen, I Still Love You Please Come Back I Have Nothing and I Need You Diet Green Tea I Love You
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.