Running was popular in Europe long before it caught on in America, which is why most races are measured in kilometers and why most of the Pilgrims were eaten by bears. Race to the top of the food chain with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$19 for an after-party VIP package (up to a $39.95 total value), which includes:
- One spectator ticket to the Zombie Survival Dash after party (up to a $29.95 value, including ticketing fees)
- One round of a bonus zombie defense challenge of your choice, such as a grenade toss or body-bag drag (a $10 value)<p>
$59 for a 5K VIP package (up to a $125.85 total value), which includes:
- Zombie Survival Dash race entry with T-shirt and costume-contest entry (up to an $85.90 value, including ticketing fees)
- After-party access
- One spectator after-party pass for a guest (up to a $29.95 value)
- One round of a bonus zombie defense challenge (a $10 value)<p>
On Saturday, October 27, zombie battlers ages 14 and older test their ability to outrun the living dead over a 5K course where zombies might leap out from behind any obstacle. Depending on availability, runners can choose to begin the race in waves that depart every half hour between 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. After finishing the course, they’ll retire to the after party, which runs all day until 7:30 p.m.
Zombie Survival Dash
It’s only 5 kilometers long, but the Zombie Survival Dash, as the name might suggest, is a bit more than the average run. As runners tagged with timing chips for tracking, placement, and action shots make their way toward the finish line, they're also equipped with three flags representing their health. Meanwhile, the course's stretch is littered with both traditional obstacles and costumed zombies who block, stumble, and chase runners and attempt to steal their health flags.
All the while, spectators look on, as every half hour a wave of 300 survivors is unleashed upon the course. Then, spectators, survivors, and zombies retire hand-in-hand to an all-day after party with live music and entertainment, just like at the end of a real zombie movie. Vendors dispense food and drink as partiers participate in zombie-themed fair activities such as faux-grenade tosses and body-bag drags.