History is full of illustrious matches: Antony and Cleopatra, Woody and Mia Farrow, Romeo and Master P., Middle Eastern and Latin American cuisine. With today's deal, $20 gets you $40 worth of intercontinental fare at ZuZu!, where you can fulfill your every dining, drinking, and dancing desire.
The ZuZu! menu is full of appetizing inspiration. Start your evening with plantano fritos (fried plantains with gauc, pico, and cilantro-lime sour cream, $7), stay light on your feet with a plate of tabouli (chopped parsley, tomatoes, onions, mint, and lemon juice, $6), or share one of the pupu platters—vegetarian or non—loaded with dips, grape leaves, and the best of the appetizer category.
Fuel up for further dancitude or unarmed combat with one of the hearty main courses, such as lamb chops with spinach and eggplant moussaka ($22), fried chicken with salsa verde ($16), or TLC shrimp with rice, black beans, pico, and plantain chips ($16, the TLC is for "Terrifically Lucky Crustaceans"). ZuZu! also serves up a mean tagine of the seafood, veggie, or Moroccan couscous persuasion and a menu of Latin and Arabic desserts, such as homemade flan ($7) and baklava with fruit ($7).
ZuZu! hosts some of Boston's best dance parties, from 60s night to hip-hop to hair metal, with an eclectic schedule that draws a different crowd each night. The most popular nights are Fridays, when the DJs play a mix of funk, pop hits, and whatever else their homemade paper fortune-tellers instruct them to play. On Saturdays, it's Soul-le-lu-jah, with Otis Redding, Sam Cooke, James Brown, Aretha, and plenty of lesser-known soul gems that you'll discover while boogieing down. Music runs from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m., Sunday to Wednesday; 10 p.m. to 2 a.m., Thursday; and 11 p.m. to 2 a.m., Friday and Saturday.
ZuZu!'s killer jukebox made Boston magazine's Best of Boston 2006, and it's affordable fare made the mag's 30 Great Meals Under $30. Citysearchers and Zagatees love the light, flavorful fare at ZuZu!:
- I've returned many times to Zuzu. Its [sic] a great and friendly place to grab some food that won't leave you bloated or broke and they've got a great little cocktail menu. – greendrz, Citysearch
- best mojitos in Central Sq! And a super fantastic Pupu platter. Live music almost every night. Many scenesters, but not pretentious – vivian24, Zagat
ZuZu, of course, shares its name with Zuzu, the daughter in It’s a Wonderful Life, who attempts to drive her father insane with a bizarre alternate-reality scenario. Her dastardly experiment went on to inspire films such as David Fincher’s The Game and Truman Show 2: The 2ruman Show. What are some signs that your own life is some kind of staged experiment?
- Parents have had the same dog since 1968
- Childhood best friend keeps referring to you as Test Subject #446
- Every time you cry, someone gives you an electrified bouquet of flowers
- Constant gun battles starting to seem disproportionately harmless
- Sun is singing more than usual
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
474 Massachusetts Ave
Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139Get Directions