Using Promo Codes
Groupon offers promo codes that are limited-time discounts on specific deals, deal types, or merchandise. You might find a promo code on a site banner, through a mobile notification, or via email.
Purchasing a Groupon Deal with a Promo Code
- Check the Fine Print of the deal you want to purchase to make sure it's eligible for promo codes. If it's not, you'll see language similar to: "Not valid with other offers or promotions."
- On the checkout page, select Promo or Gift Code.
- Enter the promo code and select Apply.
- Check that your discount is reflected in your order total (note that promo codes do not apply to taxes, shipping, or other fees), and then place your order.
If Your Promo Code Won't Apply
- Unless otherwise stated, promo codes can only be used once.
- Only one promo code may be used per order.
- Promo codes can't be used on sale items (items with a red price) unless otherwise stated.
- Some promo codes are invite-only, meaning you must have received an email containing the promo code. Make sure you’re logged in to the Groupon account corresponding with that email. (For help with an invite-only promo code, check out How Invite-Only Deals Work.)
- If you are a Groupon Select member, applying a promo code will cancel out your discount for that purchase.
Please note that promo codes can't be applied retroactively or toward previously purchased deals. Additionally, certain types of deals are always ineligible for promo discounts. Unless otherwise stated in the banner or email, these include:
- Electronics, Toys, and Party Supplies
- Gift card deals
- Goldstar, Vivid Seats, Local Flavor, or Viator deals
- Groupon Getaways Market Pick hotel reservations
Was this article helpful?