A Serious Man on Blu-ray or DVD
This cerebral comedy from the Coen brothers is set in 1960s suburbia and follows professor Larry Gopnik as he undergoes a crisis: his wife is leaving him, his unemployed brother has moved in, and a student is intervening in his bid for tenure. Gopnik seeks advice from three rabbis in an attempt to reverse these misfortunes, though he’s uncertain whether they can help.
- “After the seriously great No Country for Old Men, the Coen brothers have made the not greatly serious A Serious Man, which bears every mark of a labor of love.” – Roger Ebert, rogerebert.com
- “A Serious Man is wholly a Coen brothers movie, in that it’s full of exaggerated characters and comic cruelty, anchored to a way of looking at the world that seems to posit a fundamental absence of meaning. And yet there’s something sweet and even a little heartening about the movie, too.” – Noel Murray, the A.V. Club
- Stars Michael Stuhlbarg, Richard Kind, Fred Melamed, Aaron Wolff
- Widescreen format
- Language: English, French, or Spanish (Dolby Digital 5.1)
- Subtitles: French, Spanish
- Dubbed: French, Spanish
- Subtitles for the hearing impaired: English
- Region: Region 1 (US and Canada only)
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Number of discs: 1
- Rated: R
- Studio: Universal Studios Home Entertainment
- DVD release date: February 9, 2010
- Run time: 106 minutes
For questions pertaining to this deal, click the Ask a Question button below. For post-purchase inquiries, please contact Groupon customer support.
Goods sold by Groupon Goods. View the Groupon Goods FAQ to learn more.