Any price comparison is to a new, nonrefurbished product price.
Acer Predator 17 Gaming Notebook (Manufacturer Refurbished)
Get the most out of modern games and crank up the graphics settings without sacrificing buttery-smooth frame rates. The Predator 17 can handle intense on-screen action thanks to its speedy quad-core processor, 16GB of onboard memory, and dedicated NVIDIA graphics card.
Work and Play in Full High Definition
From full-length films to funny video clips, virtually everything you see on this computer’s display renders in crisp, lifelike detail. Its 1080p Full HD resolution is the same as that of many big-screen HDTVs, fitting the same amount of pixels—just more than 2 million—into a smaller space, so even everyday websites appear sharp and realistic. In addition to heightening the impact of streaming shows, video games, and other visual media, Full HD resolution makes photos pop and can help you get a more accurate look at potential online purchases.
Hybrid Drive: Fast Loading, Efficient Storage
Solid-state drives (SSDs) boot computers and load files quickly, but typically offer little storage. Traditional hard-disk drives (HDDs) can store huge files, but run slower. A hybrid drive gives you the best of both formats: its solid-state portion quickly loads startup files to rapidly boot the computer, and its hard-drive portion stores larger programs and files, such as games and movies. This configuration is not only faster, but also more energy efficient.
Dual-Band WiFi: Play and Stream Without Lag
If you play a lot of data-intensive online games or stream online video for hours on end, dual-band WiFi ensures you can connect to the fastest available network. While most internet networks operate on the congested 2.4GHz band, dual-band WiFi also lets you connect to networks operating on the more modern 5GHz band, which provides more bandwidth for faster app downloads and smoother video streams.
Speedy Data Transfers with USB 3.0
A USB 3.0 SuperSpeed port transfers files to and from your computer at more than 10 times the speed of USB 2.0, which is especially helpful when you have a gigantic project on a flash drive, or you want to backup all of your files to an external hard drive. If your connected device uses USB 2.0, the port can still move bits and bytes with no sweat at 2.0 speeds, thanks to its backward compatibility.
- Product number: G9-793-78CM
- Operating system: Windows 10 Home
- Screen: 17.3” LED-backlit IPS display with NVIDIA G-SYNC technology
- Resolution: Full HD (1920x1080)
- Processor: 2.6GHz 6th-generation Intel Core i7-6700HQ quad-core (Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.5GHz)
- Graphics processor: discrete NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 with 8GB GDDR5 VRAM
- RAM: 16GB DDR4 dual-channel
- Storage: 1TB 7,200rpm SATA HDD and 256GB SSD
- Optical drive: Super Multi DVD burner
- Memory-card slot: SD
- Webcam: HD webcam (1280x720)
- Audio: 4 built-in stereo speakers, 2 subwoofers, digital microphone
- WiFi: 802.11ac dual-band (2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- Bluetooth: 4.1
- Ports: 3 USB 3.1 Type C, 4 USB 3.0, 1 Thunderbolt, 1 HDMI, 1 Ethernet
- Battery: 8-cell 6,000mAh lithium-ion
- Battery life: up to 3 hours
- Weight: 9.26lb.
- Product dimensions: 16.65” (W) x 12.66” (D) x 1.56” (H)
- Condition: manufacturer refurbished
- 90 day warranty from Acer
Acer is a classic success story: it began as a husband-and-wife team with a handful of employees and grew into one of the bestselling names in laptop computers. In 2007, after acquiring both Gateway and Packard Bell, Acer was the No. 2 bestselling brand in the world for notebooks. But like many companies with humble roots, Acer has remained committed to its values, winning dozens of awards for sustainability and product design. Those two values meet in products such as recyclable notebook computers and the V6 series monitors, which were made with post-consumer recycled material. And the public notices: at the close of 2014, Acer landed a top spot on Amazon’s holiday bestseller list with its Chromebook, and the Aspire V laptop won a PC Magazine Editor’s Choice Award, promising much of what the brand is known for: “an entry-level gaming laptop with some real muscle, showing impressive performance and solid battery life without the expense of a premium system.”