Hippeastrum (commonly known as Amaryllis) are popular for their indoor holiday color and are often given as gifts October through January. They are easy to grow, their blossoms can measure up to 8” across, and they can be induced to re-bloom indoors for years to come. Paperwhites are non-hardy tazetta daffodils that can be forced and grown inside the home without any cold exposure, special handling, or treatment.
Amaryllis and Paperwhite Indoor Garden
- Amaryllis are easy-to-grow deep red perennial bulbs
- Paperwhites are non-hardy tazetta daffodils
- Blooms once-per-year
- Estimated height when fully grown: 12”–24”
- Not poisonous to pets and animals
- Filtered sun required for optimal growth