American Experience: Freedom Summer on DVD
Thoughtful, incisive documentary on the summer of 1964, when student volunteers joined up with civil rights organizers and local African-Americans in Mississippi to attack the roots of white supremacy.
- Historian Bruce Watson
- Folk performer and activist Pete Seeger
- Civil rights expert Tracy Sugarman
- “A well-shaped and powerful reminder of a time in recent American history when white supremacy was decisively and courageously undercut.” - Variety
- “Intelligently composed and powerfully driven, Freedom Summer is a stirring historical document.” - Hollywood Reporter
- Directed by MacArthur Fellow Stanley Nelson
- Winner of the Best Documentary award at the 2014 Pan African Film Festival
- Run time: 120 minutes
- Not Rated
- One disc
Goods sold by Groupon Goods. View the Groupon Goods FAQ to learn more.
The Fine Print
Limit 3 per person, May buy 2 more as gifts. Free returns. Does not ship to AK/HI/Canada/Puerto Rico. Most orders are delivered within 12 business days from the purchase date. Does not ship to PO boxes See return policy. Must pay applicable tax and provide name and shipping address at checkout, which will be shared to facilitate shipping. Goods sold by Groupon Goods. How is the strike-through price determined?