American Horror Story: Murder House, Asylum, Coven, Freak Show, or Hotel on DVD
Anthology horror series created by Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk. Each season features a theme and can be considered a separate miniseries, with various themes and separate storylines.
- Medium: DVD
- Number of discs: 4
- Rating: 18
- Runtime: 572 minutes
- Language: English (Dolby Digital 5.1)
- Made in the USA
- Golden Globe for Lady Gaga for Best Performance by an Actress in a Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
- Golden Globe for Jessica Lange for Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television
A family of three moves into their new home for a fresh start. They meet their neighbors and the housekeeper who used to work in the house. Through various occurrences, it becomes obvious that the mansion is haunted by ghosts of people who died on the premises, including previous owners.
- Connie Britton as Vivien Harmon
- Dylan McDermott as Dr. Ben Harmon
- Taissa Farmiga as Violet Harmon
- Evan Peters as Tate Langdon
The story takes place in 1964, in a fictional mental institution. With intercuts from the past and future, the season follows stories of inmates and staff. The season touches on themes of mental illness, religion, and demonic possession.
- Zachary Quinto as Dr. Oliver Thredson
- Joseph Fiennes as Monsignor Timothy Howard
- Sarah Paulson as Lana Winters
- Evan Peters as Kit Walker
- Lily Rabe as Sister Mary Eunice McKee
Main characters are young witches of a New Orleans coven, descendants of those who survived the Salem witch trials. The story reveals a long-standing conflict between the Salem witches and New Orleans’ voodoo practitioners. Coven includes appearances of historical characters: Delphine LaLaurie and Marie Laveau.
- Sarah Paulson as Cordelia Foxx
- Taissa Farmiga as Zoe Benson
- Frances Conroy as Myrtle Snow
- Evan Peters as Kyle Spencer
- Lily Rabe as Misty Day
The season takes place in 1952, following the performers of a freak show. The story focuses on themes of discrimination, medical oddities, prejudice, acceptance, and exploitation.
- Sarah Paulson as Bette and Dot Tattler
- Evan Peters as Jimmy Darling
- Michael Chiklis as Dell Toledo
- Frances Conroy as Gloria Mott
- Denis O’Hare as Stanley
Hotel Cortez in Los Angeles, California appears to be haunted by ghosts and demons. This season features appearances from characters from previous seasons, and the Golden Globe-winning performance by Lady Gaga.
- Kathy Bates as Iris
- Sarah Paulson as Sally McKenna and Billie Dean Howard
- Evan Peters as James Patrick March
- Angela Bassett as Ramona Royale
- Lady Gaga as Elizabeth Johnson/The Countess