Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag for PS3 or Xbox 360
In this installment of the Assassin’s Creed series, charismatic pirate captain Edward Kenway finds himself caught between the Assassins and Templars—two secret orders that have been at odds for centuries.
With two worlds to discover—the land and the seas—Black Flag gives you two types of gameplay. Exploring by sea, you can engage your foes with cannon-based naval battles or board their ships to attack their crews with cutlasses and flintlock pistols. On land, Black Flag echoes the franchise’s previous games, utilizing melee fighting and parkour capabilities to take down your opponents.
The Caribbean Sea stretches out before you as you sail, land, and plunder wherever you wish in this open-world style game. Full of vivid detail, along the way you’ll see jumping dolphins, swimming fish, and surging whales and, when you’re ready to go ashore once again, historical cities such as Havana, Kingston, and Nassau await you to explore and discover.
Much like previous games, Black Flag allows you to team up with your friends in multiplayer mode. In each mission, you and your team will stalk assigned targets and use your stealth skills to evade your enemies.
- “The most successful collection of mechanics the series has seen in years.” — Polygon
- “The size of the world is staggering, and the fact that it’s absolutely brimming with fun and rewarding activities made me want to get as lost as possible as I traveled from point A to point B.” — IGN
- “The biggest gameplay element in Assassin’s Creed IV is being out on the Caribbean Sea. This is easily one of the most addictive and well-put-together game mechanics I’ve had the pleasure of playing in quite some time.” — EGM
- Open world, action-adventure game
- Available for PS3 or Xbox 360
- Rating: M
- Developer: Ubisoft Montréal