Balenciaga Giant City or Giant 12 Part Time Bag
- Leather satchel
- Exterior zip pocket
- Front features embossed stud and buckle embellishments
- Includes removable hanging mirror
- Tonal topstitch detailing
- Dual hand-stitched rolled carry handles with braided accents
- Optional shoulder strap with support detail
- Top zip closure
- Giant 12 part-time bag with one zip pocket and two organizational pockets
- Silver tone hardware
- Flat bottom design
- Dust bag included
- Material: lambskin body and cotton canvas lining
- Giant 12 part time bag dimensions: 17” (L) x 7” (D) x 8.6” (H); 6” handle drop; 15” strap drop
- Giant city bag dimensions: 15” (L) x 5.5” (D) x 9” (H); 3.5” handle drop; 19” strap drop
In a 1956 episode of I Love Lucy, Lucy Ricardo tickled American audiences as she traipsed around Paris in what she thought was a designer frock, but was actually a burlap sack gag-gifted to her from Ricky. Behind the scenes, the joke wore a clever second layer: the sack was meant to be a parody of Spanish couturier Cristobal Balenciaga’s revolutionary chemise dress, a boxy design that freed women from the cinched waists of Christian Dior’s then-ubiquitous New Look.
Despite being the butt of a televised joke, the sack dress eventually helped cement Balenciaga as one of the most innovative fashion designers of all time. Even would-be rivals such as Dior and Coco Chanel were fans, following his lead as closely as his many dedicated clients. Dior once quipped, “Haute couture is like an orchestra, whose conductor is Balenciaga. We other couturiers are the musicians and we follow the directions he gives.” Throughout his decades-long career, Balenciaga invented fashion-forward silhouettes that shaped many styles still popular today, including tunics, baby-doll dresses, balloon hems, and knee-high boots, among others.
Brought to You by ideel
ideel’s members know the thrill of discovering great deals on name-brand fashion and home products. That’s because ideel partners with brands to offer dozens of sales each day on everything from a Prada handbag to a Cuisinart food processor. Because ideel is the newest Groupon company, you’ll now find some of their best deals featured on Groupon Goods.
For questions pertaining to this deal, click the Ask a Question button below. For post-purchase inquiries, please contact Groupon customer support.
Goods sold by Groupon Goods. View the Groupon Goods FAQ to learn more.