Burberry Brit Rhythm Set for Men (3-Piece)
- One eau de toilette spray (3 fl. oz.)
- One eau de toilette roll-on (0.25 fl. oz.)
- One body lotion (1.6 fl. oz.)
- Burberry Brit Rhythm set for men is a casual fragrance
- Top notes of basil, verbena, cardamom, and juniper berries
- Heart notes of leather, patchouli, and styrax
- Base notes of cedar, incense, and tonka bean
- Introduced in 2013
At his Hampshire shop in the 1850s, Thomas Burberry outfitted hunters and fishermen in rugged gear. Rain was a real misery for the outdoorsmen, so Burberry set out to create an alternative to an umbrella or the shade of an elephant. By 1888, he’d secured the patent for his design: a breathable cotton blend wound so tightly it could resist moisture and rips. Officially, it was called gabardine, but in common parlance, hunters, farmers, pub keepers, and even King Edward VII called it “Burberry.”
At the onset of World War I, the inventor used the fabric for a waterproof trench coat literally for the trenches, fitted with the necessary epaulets and D-rings for an artillery-facing soldier. The trench’s style caught on and, decorated with Burberry’s signature tartan print, remains a staple of the brand today. Despite these ties to tradition, Burberry’s creative team lives by the motto Prorsum, Latin for “forward.” Classic time-tested shapes are updated with modern details such as statement buttons, metallic fabrics, and seasonal colors.
Aromatic or aquatic? Eau de toilette or eau de parfum? Check out our rundown of fragrance types and tips for wearing.